PDA

View Full Version : I hate teacher training days!!

Boris
07-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I actually cannot wait for this day to end! My DD was up loads in the night so I am soo tired and I have 2 LO's and 4 schoolies trashing the house. Girl A wants to "make" stuff and we have had out every craft item known to man, other schoolies are playing hide and seek and driving me nuts! 2 LO's haven't slept as long as usual because they are so noisy. Roll on 5pm!!

mandy moo
07-11-2011, 02:13 PM
how about a game of sleeping lions, they might all have a doze for 10 mins :blush:

Chimps Childminding
07-11-2011, 02:27 PM
I hate to admit I dread the holidays!! Like you say none of the littlies sleep as long if they sleep at all because either they want to be doing what the older ones are doing, or the older ones are making too much noise! Then the big ones always want out things that have got lots of little pieces and no matter how many times I ask them to keep it on the table something always ends up on the floor!! :angry:

I have to admit I am only working a couple of days over the christmas holiday and coincidentally will be away for February Half Term, but I am seriously thinking of taking this and october half term as holiday every year, the weather is not usually great and it is hard when they can't get out!!

Hope 5 o'clock rolls round soon for you!!

Nature'sKids!
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh dear!
I have already decided I am taking feb half term holiday because we always go skiing. Family tradition and that's a must!
But after reading this I might only offer term time places lol!
No... I'm sure I'll be ok :/

singingcactus
07-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh no, hope the day has improved for you. But quick, make plans for the 30th, it's the strike day, you need to have prior uncancellable (spell check says that's not a word, but I think it is) plans in place or you will be living this day again :eek: .

mufftie
07-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Wasn't too bad here , it was only my 15 yr old off school today , the rest had the Ted last week

Helen Dempster
07-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I can relate to this...we had teacher training day last Monday so had 5 of the little cherubs. I was so lucky though, as it was Halloween that day and so we played lots of Halloween games and makes etc. Still very tiring - I find summer the worst!!!! :blush:

Maza
07-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh dear! Some days you do what you can do to just get through the day! Where do they get their energy from? I'd love some of it!

Chimps Childminding
08-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I can relate to this...we had teacher training day last Monday so had 5 of the little cherubs. I was so lucky though, as it was Halloween that day and so we played lots of Halloween games and makes etc. Still very tiring - I find summer the worst!!!! :blush:

I don't mind summer so much, at least they can get outside!! Its when they are all cooped up in the house I find it hard, especially the NOISE :eek:

Boris
08-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Strike? Oh no! This is bad news! Maybe I could strike that day too!!:)