PDA

View Full Version : after school clubs nightmare

Helen Dempster
07-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi ya. I know alot of you don't/won't do after school clubs, but I've got 2 mindees who go and my own ds goes (all on different days). This afternoons one is a nightmare, as I've got two 2yo, 9yo and 5yo all with me while 6yo does karate. I just wondered if there was anyone out there who can offer good solutions as to how I can entertain/alleviate the boredom for the others. It's only for 45 mins, but it's soooooooooooo stressful!!!!!!!

Thanks all :thumbsup:

boxtree7
07-11-2011, 01:47 PM
We use to go behind the shops and play games on the grass - or sometimes I would bring some biscuits or sweets and have a walk around our neighbourhood.

jumping j
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
we used to play in the park, weather permitting, or a quick trip to the library if we had an hour! Although it did feel a bit like as soon as we got there it was time to leave!:laughing:

uf353432
07-11-2011, 01:53 PM
we go to the park - which is right next to the school.

I don't know what kind of area you live in. I live in the countryside so could if I needed take the kids for a walk, collect nature, throw sticks for the dog etc.

In a more built up area - do you have a library you could go to?

miffy
07-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Could you see if mum could get a friend's parent to drop the child off to you after the club has finished?

Miffy xx

rosebud
07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Food - snacks to take up some of the time. DS / hand held consoles for the eldest two (yes I know not very imaginative but sometimes needs must) singing with the youngest two or take books and read them stories, or colouring books and pens.

blue bear
07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I used to take a picnic, skipping ropes, blow up beach balls and play in the playground. The head was brilliant and encouraged after school play in the playground and would open a class room in rainy days with Lego and colouring

loocyloo
07-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I used to take a picnic, skipping ropes, blow up beach balls and play in the playground. The head was brilliant and encouraged after school play in the playground and would open a class room in rainy days with Lego and colouring

that lovely. at our old school we could always play in the playground whilst waiting for clubs, or sit and read books in the reception area, but all access to the rest of the school was by a swipe card!

i haven't yet had this issue at our new school, (well, i will have for 2 days over next 2 weeks! ) but i think i will do quick trip home, and then as the teacher brings the children to the gate to pick up, they can hop straight in the car! i might ask though, if i can wait in the school!