PDA

View Full Version : Parental permission for asistant

kel1983
07-11-2011, 12:58 PM
We have just registered my sister as our assistnat to cover either one of us for holidays and illnesses. She hs a firt aid certificate as she already works in childcare.

We want to put together a permision form which we will get the parents to sign too agree to her maybe dropping the children to school while the other person stays back at the house for arrivals and maybe left unattended with the children for short periods.

Now I hope I am right in thinking this is ok to do. when we filled in variation for the assistant we did write that we want the assistant to be able to be left alone and we have been granted the varition etc but nothing about leaving them alone.

I hope the above makes sense. What do I need to write in the permission form. All advice greatfully received

green puppy
07-11-2011, 02:11 PM
My certificate states that children may be left at times, with written permission, with an assistant providing all requirements are met. My permission form is something like;

I understand that there may be times when my childminders assistant.............
may have sole charge of my child for a short period of time.
I am happy for this to happen in the event of an emergency or if it is in the best interests of my child. I have met............................. and have been shown her crb disclosure and first aid certificate.

Up to you then if you want to jot down when an assistant may have sole charge, I get parents to sign and date, I sign and date and also put childs name and date of birth on it.

kel1983
07-11-2011, 05:34 PM
My certificate states that children may be left at times, with written permission, with an assistant providing all requirements are met. My permission form is something like;

I understand that there may be times when my childminders assistant.............
may have sole charge of my child for a short period of time.
I am happy for this to happen in the event of an emergency or if it is in the best interests of my child. I have met............................. and have been shown her crb disclosure and first aid certificate.

Up to you then if you want to jot down when an assistant may have sole charge, I get parents to sign and date, I sign and date and also put childs name and date of birth on it.

Now I'm a little worried. Mine doesnt say that. It say that when working with another childminder or assistant we can care up to 6 children..........

green puppy
07-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Now I'm a little worried. Mine doesnt say that. It say that when working with another childminder or assistant we can care up to 6 children..........

Perhaps they do not write it anymore unless you specifically ask if the assistant can be left in charge at times? may be worth phoning and checking though. Maybe someone else can clarify if this is on their certificate if they work with an assistant?

sandy64
07-11-2011, 06:10 PM
hi you do have to ask ofsted for permission then providing they have firstaid and you have parents permission ofsted will issue a new certificate saying that your assistant maybe left alone under circumstances you have agreed ie school/nursery pick up if lo is tired or weather bad. if you ring up you may get it granted straight away good luck i have a letter if you want to see it:)

boxtree7
07-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I didn't now that ....... I work with an assistant who has 1st Aid but has parental permission to do pick ups. I will phone in the morning.

Helcatt
07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
My cert says that my asst can be left for short times in sole charge

I have a permission that all parents have signed acknowledging that there may be occasions when he is in sole charge (ie when one or other of us does the school run) and I note this on the register and get them to sign weekly

HX

boxtree7
07-11-2011, 09:05 PM
My doesn't say I can leave assistant ... but when i think about it my assistant had not done 1st aid at the time of registeration but has since completed her 1st aid. A quick call to ofsted in the morning. I didn't realise !!! Thank you forum - that would have looked outstanding :blush: on inspection day.

kel1983
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Just to update you all on this one.

emailed Ofsted late last night and they called me back this morning. I need to send a copy of my sisters first aid certificate with a covering letter nd they will check it over and send me a new certificate. Someone was suppose to contact me and get me to do this when I first applied for it. Hoping eveything will be ready to ue her as assistant next thursday. Fingers crossed