PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone donate a % of earnings to charities,etc?

Nature'sKids!
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
This is something I thought about years ago when I first started thinking about cm and just remembered, now after the theme day post.
Do you think this is a good idea?

RainbowMum
07-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I sponser a child through plan - it is a wonderful way to show a very different side of life to the children, they draw pictures to send with our letters and enjoy hearing about the life of our sponsered child ( an 8yr old boy in Haiti) :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
As a 'setting' we sponsor two dogs through Dogs Trust.

At the moment its money that to be honest, I can ill afford - even though its just £2 a month. This is the time of year when pennies become extremely tight.

Greengrass74
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
We don't donate a % of earnings, but Claire is a keen runner and is always doing runs for charity, she raises money for differant charities each run, her last run was in aid of the local Air Ambulance.

Mouse
07-11-2011, 09:39 AM
We sponsor 2 children and have a couple of direct debit charity donations, but I don't give a set 10% of my earnings.

Mouse
07-11-2011, 09:40 AM
As a 'setting' we sponsor two dogs through Dogs Trust.

At the moment its money that to be honest, I can ill afford - even though its just £2 a month. This is the time of year when pennies become extremely tight.

Oh yes, I forgot about our adopted polar bear! Over the years we've sponsored various animals & an acre of rain forest!

snuffy123lulu
07-11-2011, 12:52 PM
We sponsor two dogs here two with the dogs trust :)

JulieA
07-11-2011, 01:38 PM
We sponser a dog through the Dogs Trust too. I display his photo on the noticeboard all year round, and the various letters I read to the children and display for a short while next to his photo. Sometimes the children have drawn pictures which we have sent to the kennels - and we have always had a reply from our dog to thank us for thinking of him.

I also donate to Barnardos, and we take part in various fundraising activities - like Toddle Waddle, Children in Need, Comic Relief etc throughout the year.

mandy moo
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
No I dont, I just dont earn enough.
however any spare change in my purse I will give to Tommys, GOSH, and SANDS. collectors in the high street.

sillysausage
07-11-2011, 04:40 PM
we sponsor a child through world vision and like others we send pictures etc and use it as a learning opportunity for learning about other cultures and countries.

JennaG
08-11-2011, 07:02 AM
Lovely ideas :)

On a personal level, we donate to GOSH, H4H, British Legion & The forces childrens trust.

But will defo be doing more once I start working :D

Well done everyone! :thumbsup:

xx

Mel_Johnson
08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
My hubby and I have donated to Barnardos and NSPCC for as long as I can remember. We have also done a couple of activities for charities that we have experience with traveled 1500miles in a £100 car across Europe for Encephilitis Society (Chris's Mum had this 6 years ago) and raised £500, recently Chris ran a half Marathon for LATCH (Wales Childrens cancer)(used their services when our Lo had a lump, turn out fine but charity were amazing) he raised £950 for them.

I used to volunteer for a Breastfeeding Charity in my local area but have recently stopped doing that cause I just didn't have the time to carry it on. I think I will do some more volunteer work when I get more time.