PDA

View Full Version : Had a call

cher25
15-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi all, Just had a call to look after a 1 year old 3 days a week.
Mam is coming round tomorrow morning at half 10.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that seems to happen everytime anyway. Then i get let down, due to not having any young children already. I just need someone to give me the chance first!
It will be my first young child, as my only mindee just now is 7years old. I don't really have many toys or equipment for young children at the moment, as im not bringing in enough money to cover the costs, plus i don't see the point of having everything just for it to gather dust.
So all going well tomorrow i'll be shopping all weekend and spending the rest of the time to really get my head round b23. :)

Cher

katickles
15-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Good luck for tomorrow. Just give the lo loads & loads of attention, cuddles & play & i'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't forget to let us know how you go on. :)

helenlc
15-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Good luck!! I know what you mean about getting your hopes up. I have had 3 enquiries this week but only one set of parents actually came to see me. So I have 2 come that will be coming 2 days, its only temporary til mid-July but i am hoping i can put enough aside not to have to take any extras on in the summer holidays.

In regards to baby toys, just explain that you havent had any children of that age and so havent purchased any toys for his age. Explain that you are aware of age appropriate toys but also ask what things he likes to play with/do. That way, you wont spend a fortune on stuff he wont go near!!

And also visit your local toy library. Again you will be able to see what things he likes playing with and so can make purchases when you have more money.
Maybe ask other childminders or friends with young children, if they can lend you some toys that their children may have outgrown.

miffy
15-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Good luck cher - hope it all goes well tomorrow

miffy xx

fionamal
15-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Good Luck for tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.

crazybones
15-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Good Luck. Hope it works out. :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Good luck!! Just relax and be yourself... :D

Bevbeetle
15-05-2008, 05:34 PM
good luck be yourself and you will be fine :)

Alibali
15-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Hope all goes well tomorrow,I'm sure you won't need luck:)

Ali x

scottie
15-05-2008, 08:00 PM
well i wish you well and hope everythig works out

tomthumb
15-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, hope everything goes well.
Don't worry about toys usually parents comment about how much toys they have at home and the children don't even play with them!! The important thing is to show that you will be doing lots of fun things!!

littletreasures
15-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Good luck for tomorrow

littletreasures