PDA

View Full Version : Cute/Funny things kids say!

littleelm
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM
We've had some classics recently...

Couple of weeks ago looking at a book about Autumn, little girl spots a hedgehog and say's 'it's a Hodge-EGG!' very deliberate seperation of syllabels!

This week sat looking at a book about animals with a three year old... get to a page with a guinea pig on, I ask her if she knows what animal it is, her reply? 'IT'S A PINNY GIG!'

Also have a little girl who say's 'i'm minished' instead of finished... heart melt every time she says it!

kel1983
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
One of mine, 2 years old, says gog instead of dog and painty for colouring. But then suprised us big time on Friday and actually said colouring. Very cute

Nature'sKids!
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Dh and I were talking about church this afternoon, he said is J the pastor then? To which ds replied "I don't want pasta I want beans!"

Bevbeetle
06-11-2011, 07:16 PM
one of my littles ones said Bev whats god like i replied i dont know sorry i dont know him to which the little looked confused but you know everybody lol:clapping: :clapping:

littleelm
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
When I was little, my Mum bought a savoy cabbage... and I asked 'if this a boy cabbage, what does a girl one look like?' ... needless to say savoy cabbage is still referred to as 'boy cabbage' to this day!

I also used to say par cark instead car park!

Boris
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I was watching a war film with my boys earlier and one of them said "Are those men the Nancys?" He meant Nazis! Bless! :laughing:

blue bear
06-11-2011, 08:04 PM
One of my mindees rabbit died last week and dad buried him in the garden under the sand pit. Sister says to mindee, " don't worry you'll see him when you die"
Mindee replies "I'm not going under the sandpit" !!!!

gazanne
06-11-2011, 10:10 PM
A 2 year old mindee saw a six month old dribbling the other day and said "look Anne he is melting" :laughing:

sweets
06-11-2011, 10:18 PM
One of my mindees rabbit died last week and dad buried him in the garden under the sand pit. Sister says to mindee, " don't worry you'll see him when you die"
Mindee replies "I'm not going under the sandpit" !!!!

Love that one :laughing: :laughing:

i love it when they say they want to do it 'all on mine own'

Fraggle1
06-11-2011, 11:23 PM
My own son who is 3 years old has come out with 2 funny things this week.

Firstly - you know when you get patches of grass that break through the pavement and are sat on their own. DS points at it and says "Is that a grass poo mummy?" ha ha ha

Secondly - "How did I come out of your boobs?" - that totally cracked me up!! lol

:) x

uf353432
06-11-2011, 11:26 PM
This was my girls playing today:-

M: can I play E?
E: Yes
M grabs playmobile character and joins in with E's playmobile game
E: pretend you haven;t arrived yet
M removes playmobile character and waits.......

E is an evil genious!

angiemog
07-11-2011, 07:38 AM
My two just turned 3 mindees were having a conversation about heaven. F said, "Heaven is in the sky where all the poorly birds and squashed hedgehogs go." Really made me chuckle. x

Toothfairy
07-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Mindee (2.5yrs) told her Mum that we went into the woods to find Plonkers :laughing:
We were looking for Conkers for our Autumn theme.

ajs
07-11-2011, 10:25 AM
We've had some classics recently...

Couple of weeks ago looking at a book about Autumn, little girl spots a hedgehog and say's 'it's a Hodge-EGG!' very deliberate seperation of syllabels!

This week sat looking at a book about animals with a three year old... get to a page with a guinea pig on, I ask her if she knows what animal it is, her reply? 'IT'S A PINNY GIG!'

Also have a little girl who say's 'i'm minished' instead of finished... heart melt every time she says it!

My son used to say ninished, I hated when dh taught him the correct way of saying it.

My 2 yr old mindee told me my car sounded like a train, she wasn't wrong but we were on the way to the mechanics at the time.

helengreen13
07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Had a car full of 6 children on the way home from school. 3 being mine and 3 mindees. my DS was really moaning as he had bumped his knee getting into the car and was really hamming it up, rolling around (as much as you can when you are strapped into the car seat) and telling me he had broken his leg and needed to go to hospital. After 5 minutes of this one of the mindees (a girl age 8) just turned round and said to DS "Man Up". DS was so shocked he kept quite for the rest of the journey.

It made me giggle all day :laughing:

Toothfairy
07-11-2011, 12:42 PM
When I was little, my Mum bought a savoy cabbage... and I asked 'if this a boy cabbage, what does a girl one look like?' ... needless to say savoy cabbage is still referred to as 'boy cabbage' to this day!

I also used to say par cark instead car park!

:laughing: I used to say Park Kark and Hostapittal :laughing:

mrs coops
07-11-2011, 01:12 PM
we were going to group the other morning in the car when the traffic lights turnt red.My 3 yr old mindee groaned and said my daddy hates these fockers :eek: her dad was mortified when i told him but i did have a giggle later on :laughing:

uf353432
07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
:laughing: I used to say Park Kark and Hostapittal :laughing:

I still say par kark!!

RainbowMum
07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
DS used to say "Dishlicious" when he'd enjoyed his food :)

Helen Dempster
07-11-2011, 01:36 PM
At Halloween, I had a hanging Mummy and a hanging skeleton. I kept referring to the Mummy as 'he' and got told off every time by my DS who said "it's not a he, it's a mummy, so it's a she" :laughing:

xgemx
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
One of my cousins is called Robert, my son from when he called talk has pronounced it as Yoghurt but even now he can say Robert he still calls him yoghurt so its like his nickname now

littleelm
07-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Was fixing a page back into a book today when my sticky tape rolled off the table and onto the floor, little mindee who's nearly 3 picked it and said 'your tippy tape fell on the floor!' so cute!

Zoomie
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
My mindee told me to wait in the BBQ today :rolleyes: .

I chose the queue in the post office instead :D

snufflepuff
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Last week my mindee, 2.5yrs, was playing and just randomly said 'testicles'! I have no idea where it came from!

DS says 'I want to wear it on' when talking about clothes...a combination of 'wear it' and 'put it on'. He also says 'have you got your dressed on?' meaning 'have you got dressed/ have you got your clothes on?'

My other mindee says 'Thomas the tankine' ...she's sort of merged tank and engine, bless her!

On Saturday my DS had some sparklers....he said 'please I have more 'noculars?' I think he thought they were called binoculars?!?

Nature'sKids!
07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
my brother in law used to say thomas tackit to thomas tank engine

littleelm
07-11-2011, 09:18 PM
We have a stubborn little fella who's favourite line, said multiple times a day is 'I can't want to!' A mixture of I can't and I don't want to! Little Monkey!

Bernie
07-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I asked my 5yr old what he thought of me being a childminder and how it made him feel that other children come round to our house and play with his toys.

After a long pause he said 'It makes me feel proud Mummy'

Still brings a tear to me eye now.

:) :) :)

sweets
07-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I asked my 5yr old what he thought of me being a childminder and how it made him feel that other children come round to our house and play with his toys.

After a long pause he said 'It makes me feel proud Mummy'

Still brings a tear to me eye now.

:) :) :)

ahh bless his little cotton socks :laughing:

foxy lady
08-11-2011, 10:03 AM
i was hanging my washing out on the line when g who is 7 says "you are like an Old Fashioned lady hanging clothes on the line. my mummy uses a tumble dryer but we are not poor like you" bless her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

allinatiz
08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
These are brill. I have a little one at the minute who is eagerly anticipating a visit from Farmer Christmas :)

JCrakers
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Its not very often I go sainsburys with the mindees but after reading group we sometimes nip in for essentials, bread, milk etc. I had a 3yr old walking and she kept walking behind me so I said.
'Can you walk next to the pushchair like we usually do please because we dont want to get lost do we'
She replied ' Well, I come here with daddy and when I walk behind him he says its ok.....My Daddy has eyes in the back of his head you know' :D

My other mindee enjoyed collecting 'Honkers' from the park.....(Conkers..lol)

Lady Haha
08-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Makes me feel sad reading these! My mindees are all schoolies and never say things wrong anymore :(

jumping j
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I have a lo today who told me mummy is having a baby sister and she's going to call her Miss Marple!!! Good job I already knew mum was pregnant otherwise this could have been a shock!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coco
08-11-2011, 06:31 PM
My 3yr old daughter is an Expernard rather than an expect as she has a friend called Bernard, also she was camping in the garden with her Dad in the summer. In the morning she woke up and my husband was just watching her. She sighed and then again adding 'blooming old birds go back to sleep!'

kel1983
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Today when one mindee was being collected her great aunt asked one of my schoolies how old she was "she said 4" and then asked her how old she was going to be next, to which she answered "a year older than 4" :laughing: :laughing:
This made us all chickle.

breezy
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
we were talking about what we wanted to be when we grew up and after the usual fireman, doctor etc mindee popped up with " Well I'm gonna be a Thunderbird":laughing:

Mamma4Ya
09-11-2011, 09:37 AM
My youngest daughter would ask for 'spagetti boil your nails' instead of spagetti bolagnese. She is 25 now and still says it.

maryp0ppins
09-11-2011, 11:23 AM
My DD when younger used to call her bikini her mikini ,

She is now 13 & we all as a family still say mikini as if it's the correct way & I think we will call it that forever now :D

JCrakers
09-11-2011, 11:31 AM
My youngest daughter would ask for 'spagetti boil your nails' instead of spagetti bolagnese. She is 25 now and still says it.

Love it :laughing: :laughing:

My ds used to call water 'Fwortoc' when he was about 2.5yrs so now he's 12 I still say 'Do you want a drink of Fwortoc with that' He always looks at me funny
:D

Narnia34
09-11-2011, 11:40 AM
My DS when he was little used to see something like a car and say

My am a car!

So I would say' No darling, I am a car'

and he would look at me, put his head on one side and say

'No, Mummy not a car, MY am a car'

so that was me told!

Boris
09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I asked one of my LO's to help finr all the pieces to the jigsaw yesterday. She said "I am just not a very good looker!"

JCrakers
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Reminds me when I used to be a nanny years ago. I looked after a 3yr old for a lovely family. I had to take her for her development test and we were sat in the doctors waiting room with about 10-12 other people...all was silent and suddenly she came out with.

'Becky, My daddy has a big willy and I see it sometimes in the bath'
:eek: :blush:

Ive never been so embarrassed...everyone was smirking and trying not to laugh
It was all harmless fun

JCrakers
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
My 2.5yr old mindee made me chuckle a little this morning

We were walking with two women, one we always walk with and another lady who was from India and she was telling us that she was moving back to India next week, so we were having a natter about that.

After we had finished our conversation I crossed over and they went the other way.
My mindee said ' Who was that Becky?' I said 'oh that was Fiona'
She then said 'oh, and who was the chocolate lady?' :eek: :blush: :D
Bless her...I explained all about it on the way into town although she is too young to understand

LeeMarie
10-11-2011, 06:15 PM
A few years ago I cared for a 2 year old and one day asked her what she'd like for tea. She replied "buck buck oop". It eventually dawned on me she wanted chicken soup. To this day my own kids still refer to chicken soup as buck buck opp!

Mummits
10-11-2011, 10:51 PM
My littlun learned a great Xmas song at nursery - "twelve mince pies and a bacon chop" (twelve mince pies in a baker's shop!). He also likes eleven barrang pie (lemon meringue pie)..., whereas mummy likes gym atomic.

My older boy was explaining that a friend did not have very good English. My littlun said that means he uses a lot of bad language.

littleelm
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
According to a 3 year old we made a 'Squarecrow' yesterday!

maisiemog
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
One of my mindees told me she couldnt listen to me cos her ears weren't switched on. She then pulled her ears and said 'they are switched on now'!

My DD was watching wallace and gromit a few weeks ago and told me it was wrong cos the moon couldnt be made out of cheese. I asked why not and she replied that if it was then it would be in the fridge not the sky!

Another of my mindees asked me once why the man sat in front of us had bigger boobs that me when only mummys are meant to have boobies! Never been so embarrassed in my life!!!

samb
11-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Aw these are soooo cute and funny!

My ds has been poorly so just had him the last couple of days (when dd at school). He was feeling a bit better today and asked to play Mario Kart on the wii. I set it up on time trials so he isn't racing against anyone but his own time (he is 3). He played one game, put the wheel down sighed and said "mum I am so proud of me winning that game, I am such a clever boy"! Think it is so cute when you hear them say exactly what you would say to them.