PDA

View Full Version : Theme day ideas wanted

Lilylulu
06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi, I had a week off for half term so this year didnt do a halloween party - we did get all the costumes out and do some lovely craft projects which the kids loved but several parents showed extreme disappointment that the house wasn't all dressed up and decorated like we had done last year. It just goes to show - your efforts have to be right in their face to be appreciated sometimes.
Anyway, to make ammends - sort of, we think we might do a theme day - ponderign on having a 'pirate day' as we have plenty of resources that woudl fit nicely but also would like other ideas for parties/theme days - even if its just for plannign at other times of the year.
Thanks in advance for your ideas :)

Lilylulu
06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
please forgive typo's - I can spell just think fasterthan I type

winstonian
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
We had a Tiger day for no other reason than 1 of our little boys loved tigers. we painted faces as tigers, danced to Tiger Feet and Hunting Tigers (Bonzo Dogs), watched footage of chinese dancing, coloured pictures of tigers and made them into puppets, looked at facts about and pictures of tigers on the internet, moved and growled like tigers and all learnt a short poem about tigers which we performed to 1 of the mummies. It had a roar at the end so even the littlies could do that bit!
It was lots of fun!

kel1983
06-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Im thinking of doing a theme day for children in need and perhaps getting the parent to donate too so will be watching this thread for ideas.

Nature'sKids!
07-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Im thinking of doing a theme day for children in need and perhaps getting the parent to donate too so will be watching this thread for ideas.

Oh that's a lovely idea!

How about a themed day tonraise funds for either a local charity or a shoebox Xmas present theme ( where you fill a shoebox for children in russia act in care homes)
Could you arrange it so that all parents and kids are there, a bit like a school fair thing? Kids are dressed up, parents bring something to either donate (toys,...) or money towards it, thenyou could make up the boxes throughout the week with the kids, would be nice way of learning about appreciating things on life, helping others etc before Xmas?