PDA

View Full Version : Practical pre school magazine

jadavi
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I was inspired by Sarah 707 saying she subscribes to this and thought I'd get my free issue anyway...was quite shocked to see the £58 annual subscription price. Nearly a fiver a time! Presumably it's worth it?

ja

kel1983
05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
We have just subscribed to this. Got the first one through the post a couple f weeks ago but have not yet had a chance to read it (not even sure where it is now) I had a quick flick through when I opened it but tht was it. That is my aim for tomorrow. I will find it and give it a good going over and let you know what I think of it. :thumbsup:

jadavi
05-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks! I dont mind paying that if I get really good ideas each month for activities and arts and crafts and then I can collect them and refer back etc

onceinabluemoon
05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I preferred it before they incorporated Child care within it but its still good.

sarah707
05-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Whatever business I have been in I have always subscribed to magazines which help me to improve my professional development. I think of them as justifiable business expenses.

However I am lucky that I am currently earning enough to buy them - if my childminding income went down I would have to consider cut backs and magazines would probably be one of the first expenses to cancelled.

Did you get a copy with one of my articles about Ofsted inspections in it? I hope you found it useful :D

jadavi
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I just signed on now so will let you know.
I agree - I like to have a source of inspiration for prof develop etc. I find the job quite isolating so would feel more in touch with ideas from mags. I also get a lot of ideas from groups of course. I found the |NCMA mag quite disappointing actually.