PDA

View Full Version : Great Night Out

wendywu
15-05-2008, 01:45 PM
DH had booked tickets to go and see Gervais Phinn last night. He was the school inspector who has written several very funny books on the subject.

He was so funny telling all the stories about the things children do and say. He said one head teacher told the joke in assembly " What is the difference between a sperm and an Ofsted Inspector, well a sperm has a one in 3500 chance of becoming human" :laughing:

If you get the chance to go and see him do go it was right up a childminders street.:rolleyes:

ajs
15-05-2008, 01:52 PM
he comes from our town and i looked after his sister's grandson for a bit.

not quite paul macartneys cousin but my claim to fame

miffy
15-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Sounds a very funny man - glad you enjoyed it

Can you get us some free tickets then mandy?

miffy xx

ma7ie
15-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Never heard of him but he sounds good.

ajs
15-05-2008, 01:56 PM
shouldn't think so miffy i have never met him although oneset of my parents know him.

the ones you met at the vicars house miffy

miffy
15-05-2008, 02:00 PM
shouldn't think so miffy i have never met him although oneset of my parents know him.

the ones you met at the vicars house miffy

Oh shame - never mind if he comes to Notts we might be able to go - I'd never heard of him but he sounds good

miffy xx

wendywu
15-05-2008, 03:38 PM
His books are funny, the one about christmas is really sweet. I love the tale of the little boys who were the 3 kings. One comes onto the stage and says i have travelled afar and have brought you gold, the next says i have travelled afar and have the gift of myrrh. Then a little lad stomps on in care bear slippers and dressing gown with a tea towel on his head and says as he puts his gift down i am a king and Frank sent this. Love it just so apt:laughing:

sarah707
15-05-2008, 05:11 PM
I find his humour very good... and I'm a bit jealous! :D