PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing anything wrong???

stargazer1
04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I am at present awaiting my pre-registration inspection. I am looking after one friend's little girl one day a week and another friend's little girl two days a week (so three days in total). I take no payment for doing this, I am "babysitting" if you like, and as I see it I am gaining some valuable experience for coping with my child and an extra for when I am registered. Both children will more than likely be on my books when I am registered, but at the moment I am simply helping friends out and gaining experience. However, there appears to be a rather disgruntled local childminder who is making noises to lots of other mums that I shouldnt be doing what I am doing. The last thing I want is to be seen to be doing something wrong, or construed to be doing something wrong, but when I checked the rules, I understand that helping friends out and taking no payment is acceptable. Can anyone help? :panic:

boxtree7
04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Ignore the other person ... its hard to do but just smile when you pass her !!!! From what I read you are not breaking any rules. Sadly the other person doesn't now you are not being paid but at the of the day does she need to now this. I get this all the time from other childmiders who I don't speak to as I am not in their 'Click' :)

tulip0803
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
If you are not recieiving payment in money or kind (eg your shopping done) you are not doing anything wrong. The rules are that you can only look after children in your own house and get paid if you are registered or for less than 2 hours. If you recieve nothing for caring for the children you are not breaking this rule.

Some people (childminders) can be very strange and dislike competition unfortunately.