PDA

View Full Version : well my last day is nearly here for one of my mindees

honey
15-05-2008, 01:07 PM
:( :( I have had him full time 5 days a week since he was 6 months old and he is now 4 and a half.

I am having a dinosaur party for him tommorrow, I have got him some dinosaur plates and banners, balloons etc ( which he doesnt know about).
In the party i am going to play pass the parcel ( of course), crocodile pinyata, Have a paddling pool filled with balls with jelly in and they have to find the sweets and gifts,

I am making him a dinosaur cake and biscuits ( again he dosnt know about them)

I have bought him a dinosaur book, lunch box and beach towel.
PLus having a cd of all of his photos

Is there anything else i can do, I am trying to cater for children aged between 19 months, 2, 4, 5, 8, 11.

There are going to be lots and lots of tears, what makes it worse is that i will be having a new parent coning to seee me at 6.30 ( the party finishes at 5.30) then i ahve got my parents coming up to see me as its my birthday on saturday.

ajs
15-05-2008, 01:11 PM
i can't think of any thing else it sounds like a great party
i think the new parents will be delighted to see the chaos made it shows the high esteem you hold the mindees in.

it is sad when a mindee leaves but i am sure he will stay in touch with you

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Sounds like you have everything in order

Hope you all have a lovely time

Angel xx

sarah707
15-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a fab party!!

Good luck with the interview... and have a lovely birthday yourself :D

fionamal
15-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Sounds like it will be a great party.

Have fun

honey
16-05-2008, 10:14 PM
all went well, i am going to bed now as i have just finished cleaning up the jelly off the settee etc, just got to clean the carpet tommorrow as thats got jelly on to ha ha ha

angeldelight
17-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Glad you all had a good time

Angel xx

Tatia
17-05-2008, 08:34 AM
You let them play with jelly in your living room?!:eek: You're so much braver than me!:laughing:

I know how hard it is to have a mindee leave you (I had one go on Thursday). I'm sure the parents and the child really appreciated the lovely party.

How did the interview afterwards go? Oh and by the way, Happy Birthday!:D

RedDragon
18-05-2008, 10:27 AM
and don't forget to add it to your expenses :D