PDA

View Full Version : End of an era

LChurch
03-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Today I said goodbye to a lovely mindee. Mum is having a baby at the end of the month. I have seen mindee grow up so much from jsut over a yr old and now almost 3. Lovely family too. Mindee had to choose me a present as well as parents. They gave me a lovely card too with such lovely words in it. Mum is going to still bring mindee to one of the groups we go to and possibly the other one too sometimes. My day didn't go to plan but she did have lunch with one of my neighbours little girls who she has played with quite a bit as we have had play dates etc. Don't often get attached to mindees but this one was so lovely. Love her to bits!

The Juggler
03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
awww hon. it's hard isn't it. i had one like that, blubbed and blubbed when he left and ds cried himself to sleep :(

Pauline
03-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Awww yes it is sad when they move on, but hopefully they will stay in touch. :thumbsup:

LChurch
03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
These ones thankfully will stay in touch as lo wants my children to go round to her house when baby arrives! And she won't forget either!!! And me of course! We won't escape that one either. We used to see her every week at Church but we ahve since moved Churches which in some ways was a shame but we needed to for other reasons!

Chimps Childminding
04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Its hard when you get really attached to a lo and then they leave!! I had one litte girl, loved her to bits and sobbed for hours when mum decided to use a cm closer to home as she kept falling asleep on the way home and then wouldn't go to bed!!! Sadly mum never stayed in touch :(

chez
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Glad its not just me that gets myself attached to them.
Ive been nanny for a little boy who came to me at 9 weeks old, Ive had him til this week when hes 14 weeks. Them 5 weeks hes changed so much and Ill confess to dreading him leaving, my partner discribed me as "reacting like Id lost my egg" His mum spoke to me this week and suggested that although she wouldnt be working any more shed like me to have him 1 day a week in order to get any appointments etc she has to do done and for him to stay used to child care. :clapping:

flowerpots
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Ive only had 1 leave since been minding, she was 8 and only came after school once a week and i blubbed, i get really attatched. :blush:

PixiePetal
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I have cried a few times for mindees leaving.

G came to me from 9 months to 8yrs old till my DS left primary school and I no longer wanted school runs (don't regret giving them up!)

A and F - brother and sister came from 21 months and little baby till at school as I could not pick up from their school.

J came from 9 month till school age

All of these still see me - G is 12, A is 12, F is 11 and J is almost 7.

I mind A and F for occasional days in hols and J for inset days as mum is teacher in neighbouring authority with different days :rolleyes: also have a coffee and catch up every now and then and G has been in touch with my children on FB since she left and came over with mum for a catch up last week.

Don't think we will ever lose touch :thumbsup: :D