PDA

View Full Version : Nursery World Magazine

chez
03-11-2011, 08:33 PM
We are considering getting the Nursery World Magazine on subscription, as Morton Michel policy holders we get a discount.

Do you get it would you recomend it?
My partner is doing her E100 and so feels it would be useful.

Alternativly we could get EYE, nmt, practical preschool or creative steps would any of these be better?

singlewiththree
03-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I get nursery world but to be honest I get to read it online a few days before my paper copy which is annoying.

I enjoy the posters inside though. You can also get a student discount instead which may be cheaper than the MM discount. I got mine through an online magazine discount company.

green puppy
03-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I like nursery world, I got my subscription really cheaply through the ou when I did E100 last year. I also get childcare which has now been incorporated into practical pre school. I also found Teachertv useful when I did E100.

chez
03-11-2011, 08:57 PM
How often does it come out?
The MM site says I get 50 copies for £79 but they call that a annual subscription but looks like it comes out every 2 weeks :S

green puppy
03-11-2011, 08:59 PM
It's about every 2 weeks, your partner should check on the ou site or with her tutor as I only paid about £20 for a year!

chez
03-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Brill thanks shes emailing the tutor now pleased I asked on here before we paid.

green puppy
03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
I just looked back over the E100 forum from last year (read only) and the subscription was actually for £40 although some students got it for £36. They rang the number on the nursery world website and said they were registered with the ou. Might be worth phoning?

sarah707
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
I like Nursery World it's good for articles and interesting news about the early years sector generally.

I am subscribed to Practical Pre-school as well and I love the activity ideas and articles in that.

I have just started up a subs for a year with Creative Minds as I am not very good at arts and crafts and need some ideas.

I find EYE a bit heavy tbh and not childminder orientated.

Hth :D