PDA

View Full Version : Do you get parents xmas pressies?

buzzy bee
03-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I am getting my mindees books (not sure whether one is enough or if I should give 2?)

But should I be giving the parents a pressie too?

markys
03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
We have never given parents any Christmas presents, just the mindees. We also do books for Christmas. We just give one book to each child.

kel1983
03-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Simple answer. No. They should buy us presents :clapping:

We have got the younger ones books (10 for £10 from the book people) and for the older schoolies we have got them pencil crayons with their names on.

buzzy bee
03-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Simple answer. No. They should buy us presents :clapping:

We have got the younger ones books (10 for £10 from the book people) and for the older schoolies we have got them pencil crayons with their names on.

Like the pencil idea.

I've also done the 10 for £10 deal - do you just give them one each?

Chimps Childminding
03-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't buy for parents, its hard enough knowing what to buy mindees and my family/friends without trying to think of parents too :eek:

June and I try and pick things up in the sales throughout the year for the mindees and spend about £5 on each child. This year all the girls (all under 6) are having a pony and stable which we got for £5 instead of £12 in the Argos sale just after easter (I think, may have been earlier than that :rolleyes: )!!! and the babies are having shape sorters we also got in the sales!!! :clapping:

amanda1309
03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I dont but I do try and do a craft close to Christmas that could be given as a present like a calendar or decorate a mug

nic t
03-11-2011, 09:17 PM
My mindees make something for their parents as a present.

We have painted sleighs and put chocolates in, done hand prints with a poem, decorated keepsake boxes, decorated photoframes and I have put photos of mindees in snowglobes too.

Need to sort out what we are doing this year!

uf353432
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Because I have in excess of 20 kids on my books I am buying a family gift per family this year. I bought a bug hotel for my garden and have asked the man who builds them to make smaller slimmer ones - he's done me a good deal on 13 units. So each family will get their own bug hotel for their gardens.

Pipsqueak
03-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I am getting my mindees books (not sure whether one is enough or if I should give 2?)

But should I be giving the parents a pressie too?

Nope! simples

Mouse
03-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I do give a present to parents, but it's always something to do with photos of their child.

I've done key rings with photos in, calendars, photo in a frame. Last year I did photo posters (£1.99 from Costco, so not exactly braking the bank). For one mindee who had been with me a while, so had had a photo poster the year before, I had a photo book made. Someone on here posted a code for getting a free one as it's not something I'd ever have done normally. It took time to do, but it was wonderful! I did photos from when he started with me at 6mths old, until last christmas when he was over 2. I put funny little captions with each picture. His mum cried when she saw it and carried it with her all over christmas to show everyone :D

I never spend much on parents' presents, but they do take thought & time.

ziggy
03-11-2011, 11:33 PM
i buy each child a book and a selection pack, then buy tub celebrations/quality street for each family. Must say though all my families are more than generous to me with presents.

Ripeberry
03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
This year I'm going to give each set of parents a photo keyring and the children will get a book.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't give them gifts from me but with all the craft and cooking there are lots of gifts going home from the children

boxtree7
04-11-2011, 07:28 AM
No I don't get paid enough !!!

Tink
04-11-2011, 07:39 AM
No! we buy each child one instead as we have got 11 altogether:thumbsup:

miffy
04-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Noooooooooooooo! I have enough trouble deciding what to buy all the mindees! :laughing:

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
No just for the mindees.

winstonian
04-11-2011, 08:10 AM
nope but all our mindees make pressies for their families. Last year they did handprints on canvas, biscuits, calenders, tree decs and gift bags.
I think I may be going a bit mad on mindees pressies - I try and get them something that I know they will really like and spend between £6 and £20. But I did get lots on 3 for 2 from boots - have 15 mindees so it does add up

jumping j
04-11-2011, 08:19 AM
I was just going to have the lo's make presents fro the parents, maybe foot and hand print and a bauble with lo's face in, however one set of parents are my brother a sister in law and another one's my best friend so they'd be getting a present anyway!!!

jelly15
04-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I think I have overdone it this year and have got them PJs or a nighty. I was going to put a book and some chocs in too but after reading this thread I will leave it at that :o

marian
04-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Just the mindees here too....

Although the crafts they do are really presents for parents , as they usually have mindees photo / artwork / hand/thumb prints on:)

Marian x

peanuts
04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
I used to buy a tin of sweets for the family, that covered parents and other siblings.

keeks
04-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I dont but I do try and do a craft close to Christmas that could be given as a present like a calendar or decorate a mug

That's what I do too. I bought little tea light holders from Crafty Crocodiles for mindees to decorate as a present for Christmas.

For mindees I haven't decided yet what to get. I give books for birthdays, but I think it's such a great gift I might have to repeat myself for Christmas.

xx