View Full Version : MY FIRST DAY

03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone :thumbsup: thought i would let you all know how i got on my first official day minding!!

I picked the twins up from nursery - their wee faces lit up when they seen me ( wasnt sure if they would remember me as only met them once:laughing: ) which was lovely, got hats coats on etc and walked to car. Good as gold in car, remembered where i lived too.
We had a wee tour of house so they knew where loo was etc, had wee play then had lunch.

Did some firework pictures with chalks:thumbsup: And i must have read about 7 books lol but they were so cute one on either side of me on the sofa all snuggled in as if they known me for ages.

I did have a few moments where i thought OMG what am I doing? Can i manage this every day with more kids too perhaps etc Is this really what i want to do - hard to explain but that would only be about 1.5% just a few wee niggly doubts about myself (confidence i suppose that will grow) lol the other 98.5% was fabby fab fab.

Parent text to check all was ok so that was cool and she was pleased when she came to pick them up and asked if i would do another day a week too:clapping: i said i would have to hand in notice at work to do more:rolleyes: she also said "I hope you dont mind Ive given your number out to a few people":eek: and she paid in advance for next Thursday as asked.. Hmmmm seeems too good to be true.


Sorry just had to share :D

03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Well done :)

03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Thats great! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've struck gold - well behaved children and payment without asking!

Thats great that she's recommended you too.

Hope the rest of the days are as good!
Rachel x

03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Ah how lovely:thumbsup: Really pleased for you xx

03-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Well done glad it went well for u

03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Glad you had a great first day.:clapping:

03-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Ahh sounds perfect, very jealous, I'd love to have twins! How old are they?
Here hoping I get my first mindees soon x

03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Well done on having a great first day - sounds like you're going to be busy with the recommendations so the niggles will disappear - as you won't have the time! :laughing:


03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Ahh sounds perfect, very jealous, I'd love to have twins! How old are they?
Here hoping I get my first mindees soon x

They are 4yo will go to school next year so prob just have them until then:(
1 boy 1 girl they are so cute:)

When i picked up DS from school he seemed huge lol - he is 7 :laughing:

Fingers x you get mindees soon:thumbsup:

The Juggler
03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: so happy for you honey xx

03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Aww sounds lovely all round!!:)

03-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Great to hear about your fab day.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: