PDA

View Full Version : Holiday dates

Jo Jo
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi another question, do any of you send parents a holiday form with regard to when you close for xmas and reopen in the new year!
Do any of you fine its better for the parent to sign to say they have recieved your holiday dates so there isnt a mix up later on?
I'm just wondering what is best to do
Thanks in advance
Jo Jo :)

Pipsqueak
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I newsletter it, I text it, put it in the daily diary , verbally tell them, email them and then finally I always put it in my duplicate books and get them to sign.... they still forget! lol

markys
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I write down the dates, print two copies - one for parents to take home, one for me to keep. I sign and date both copies, but I also include on the copy I keep a sentence: "I have received the dates of the childminder's holidays above." And parents sign and date. This way there is no confusion later. Also, parents can't say later that they did not receive appropriate notice of my holidays :thumbsup:

Jo Jo
03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your replys :thumbsup: :) Really help full

MAWI
03-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I agree with pipsqueak. I recently had 2 weeks off, I have been putting it in my newsletter since January!!, emailed reminders on the last two months invoices, completed holiday form and verbaly mentioned several times. I Still had some parents look at me vaguely when I said see you in 2 weeks on the friday I was finishing!!! You got to laugh. I might just close next time(joking)

Tink
03-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I newsletter it, I text it, put it in the daily diary , verbally tell them, email them and then finally I always put it in my duplicate books and get them to sign.... they still forget! lol

Glad it's just not me, I do all of the above then there's always one who says "What I didn't know you were closed" :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I put mine on my invoice starting in October!!