PDA

View Full Version : Sharing info

mum2two
03-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Just had one of my parent questionairres back, and there are 2 things on there which I'm not sure about...

One was she would like to know what school-like activites we are doing with her child now, as we claim the EYE grant. I've explained nothing's changed, and the setting and how he learns & what he has access to is still the same as it always was before he got the grant. I get the feeling she's expecting us to sit and do writing, forming letters, name all the old school 'pre-school' teaching - which just doesn't happen now...

Then, she said it would be nice to have a snapshot occasionally of all the minded children, as she's not sure who we look after now, and would be nice when her child talks about them. I can't really go giving parents a picture of all the children and their names and ages (which I get the feeling is what she wants) A pre-school wouldn't do this....

xx

jane5
03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I have photos of the mindees up in my home and all of the parents can see them. I do also tell all of the parents who is here with their child and how old they are so they do know who their child is talking about.
They all bump into each other occasionally.
I wouldnt be giving her photos to take home of the other mindees though.

mum2two
03-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes, I have photo's up of children - we have the birthday bears too, with each monthly bear holding balloons with pic & date of child's birthday up in the playroom. She'll see most of the children when she collects in passing, but I only ever write initials of other children in daily diaries. I was told this by someone...

I don't feel it's right to be giving her a group photo of all the minded children. Parents don't give me permission for this. It's all for obs, or displays etc within my home.

xx

JCrakers
03-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I wouldnt give her any pictures of any other children. Maybe explain about safegurding to her. Ask her if she would be ok with you giving her childs picture to someone else who she doesnt know.

Maybe she hasnt thought about that :D

markys
03-11-2011, 03:00 PM
We sometimes give parents pictures with their child and other children on them. We have got a signed permission from all parents "to share photos with other minded children and their parents". We always do a photo album for children who are leaving. But we never put the children's names or other information about the children in it. We also have a setting's photo album which is always available for parents to see. And we also put some photos on a display from time to time so parents can see what we have been up to. I believe schools and pre-schools do group photos as well so I don't think that should be a problem as long as you have a permission.

sarah707
03-11-2011, 06:55 PM
We have a welcome board with photos and the children put their own pics onto it when they arrive - that might be a way of mum seeing who is with you on the same day as her child.

As for activities - if you are ticking all the right Eyfs boxes with the child then you can confidently explain how you are teaching and the child is learning through play and when the child is closer to school starting age you will be chatting to the key worker to find how you can offer support with school readiness skills.

hth :D