PDA

View Full Version : food inspection

mrsb
15-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I just read on another thread about having to keep all receipts because of being food operatives or something.

I've never had a food inspection or anything, this is the first I've heard of it:eek: am I really thick by missing something rather important in my paperwork somewhere?:eek: :panic:

jmoff
15-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Call your local food standard agency and ask if you need to register as a childminder...as we provide food.

They may say you dont have to, but if you do they may also send someone round.

Jana

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 01:05 PM
No you are not thick and a lot of minders still have not had to do this

I think Birmingham was one of the first and we received letters to inform us at the end of 2006 I think it was

They sent us out a form we filled it in then they called us to confirm and that was it

They said it would be very unlikely anyone would ever call out to check the house

Personally If I would not have heard from them I still would not have done it

I think most minders tend to wait for the information to be sent to them like I did

Angel xx

mrsb
15-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks girls, so IF I happened to have a visit from ofsted, they wouldn't pull me up on it or anything?

Rubybubbles
15-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I had a letter through in the beginning of the year

bit worried about having to show all recipts now, I've not kept any under £10:panic:

sarah707
15-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I have a letter from my authority to say they do not want me to register.

I showed it to Ofsted just in case they pulled me up over it... :D

son77
15-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I had my inspection a few weeks ago & I was never asked if im reg as a food business, & im not either as no one has ever told me I have to be.

scottie
15-05-2008, 01:20 PM
had my inspection last sept 07 and was never told that.
all childminders will be inspected at least once a year[it all depends where you live]:)
it's not too bad they look at your kitchen were you prep , cook store food temp charts date lables ask you a few questions things like what temp to keep fridge at. how do you prevent cross-contamination and so on.all of that you get reminded on the food hygiene course

you get a book -safer food better business that has all the details and charts in it's not only for childminders but all places that prep.cook, serve food so not all of it will apply to you

you then get a letter from the inspector their recommendations if any and how long you have to apply them

i know all sounds a lot i am sure you are doing all these things now

hope that helps :thumbsup:

scottie
15-05-2008, 01:31 PM
sorry me again if you are in an area[ it will be everywhere in england soon] where you must register ofsted my ask to see paper work one of my friend just been just had ofsted vist and was asked to see letter to confirm reg.

Call your local office they will tell you and what you need to do by the way there is no fee to reg:jump for joy: