PDA

View Full Version : RA for cats and specific toys/resources

ranger-knight
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi..
I've just been looknig through my RA and other papers etc and realsied I attempted to start a RA list for each toys/activity I have for the kids but got completley out faced by it.. does anyone have a starter example to get me a bit more with it please?? :blush:

Also I have aquired a (very gorgeous) kitten last week and wondered where to put his RA, do I tag it onto my daily, my room by room list or just bite the bullet and do him one of his own?? I gues maybe one of his own and tag things onto daily too? (sorry thinking aloud there)

Gosh been minding for nearly 2 years and still feel as if I'm playing catch up... so many areas I still feel lacking in or that I'm skimming along :panic:

sorry.. not really as bad as I sound I guess it just gets a bit much at times

thanks for reading

xx

sarah707
03-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Just look at each set of toys from the children's point of view and think about what could go wrong.

You will find you are repeating yourself a lot - what many childminders do is have one overarching RA for all the toys in the play room thinking about things like breakages, sharp corners, swallowing, toxicity etc...

and then much shorter specific ones for each set of resources such as zips and buttons falling off dressing up clothes or balls coming out of the beanie babies.

Hth :D

Tazmin68
03-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi

I have a dog and I have a seperate pet policy.
I have a pet handling permission form.
I also have a section in my daily risk assessments which cover where she is kept, food and water bowls out of reach and in the garden that it is checked first thing and throughout the day for mess.

ranger-knight
03-11-2011, 10:59 AM
thanks ladies.. as always you make things seem more manageable... even if it means lots of typing again.. but when its done its done!
thanks again xx