PDA

View Full Version : text from mum today...cheeky!!

julie w
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I had a text from a mum today. It said "I know you usually get 'F' a Christmas present. Would you be ok getting him a talking fireman Sam this year please. Thought I'd ask so we dont get him the same thing." :eek: Would you find this a bit cheeky.

mama2three
02-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Completely ..Id say I already had some ideas and that if she wanted to get it for him you definately wouldnt!

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I would write back and say sorry but I already have the present and it isn't a fireman sam

It's a small world
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
How much do u spend in mindee? Talking fireman sam abt £15-£20 is she giving you half ???? I agree and would say already got something bit cheeky really x

miffy
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I had a text from a mum today. It said "I know you usually get 'F' a Christmas present. Would you be ok getting him a talking fireman Sam this year please. Thought I'd ask so we dont get him the same thing." :eek: Would you find this a bit cheeky.

Not just a bit cheeky!

I would just say not to worry if she wanted him to have a talking fireman sam she should go ahead and get one for him :D

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd fine that utterly cheeky!

Agree with others - text back saying - only if I can give you my Xmas list as I don't want people duplicating things for me :D

nic t
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
How rude!

I would text and say don't worry I haven't got him that so you go ahead and get it!

Gracie's mamma
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
i would have text back and said ' i'm not doing xmas presents this year !!:blush:

marnieb
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
beyond rude!!!!

I'd just say you've already got him something.

kindredspirits
02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
very rude from a parent!! :rolleyes: I wouldn't be spending that much on my mindees, if I can get away with it i'll get them something from the 2 for £15 range at argos as I only have 2 on my books at the minute! :thumbsup:

Twinkles
02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Wow ! Cheeky moo !

uf353432
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
very very very rude! definately text back and say you've already bought him a token present and she is free to get him that particular toy. Or you could be really mean and say 'what with your husband potentially loosing his job you are doing xmas on a shoestring this year and doubt that you can extend to presents for mindee's' :laughing:

Gosh some people have some front!!

LittleMissSparkles
02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
yes she is cheeky :eek: and presuming as she has :laughing: that you are getting presents for your mindees Id text back and say already budgeted for xmas presents this year for mindees and thats too expensive sorry x

funemnx
02-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Good Lord! I only spend about £3.00 on each of the children! Couldn't afford more than that as 11 on the books :eek:

caz3007
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I only spend a fiver and usually tend to buy books. I got some the other week as went to a garden centre and saw some that were ideal.

Yes she is bloomin cheeky. I wouldnt dream of texting anyone other than family present ideas

VeggieSausage
02-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Unbelievable!....I only give books.....I would ignore that totally.....I am stunned....

singingcactus
02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Depends on how your relationship is with her I guess. If you are friends with her then, no, not really. I have parents who are friends and if they wanted something specific for their child it wouldn't bother me if they asked. If I felt it was too expensive then I would say so. I do tend to spend that sort of amount on my full time/long term kids.
If it was a new mum, or someone with whom I did not have a close relationship, then yes I would find it a bit forward.

LittleMissSparkles
02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I take mine to the panto every year for their christmas present x

candylove13
02-11-2011, 09:04 PM
This made me lol, I wouldn't dream of being so cheeky! I would just ignore it or as said above tell her to go ahead and buy it :)

Beetlejuice
02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I take mine to the panto every year for their christmas present x

What a lovely - and generous - minder you are! :littleangel:

I spend up to £10 each on mindees (less if I can get away with it :o ) but I only have 3 on my books atm :( so it's not too bad this year.

Maza
02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Speechless!

The Juggler
02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
i would be blunt and tell her you can't afford to spend that kind of money as you have lots of mindees to buy for - cheeky moo.

Tell her if she's got an ideas in the under £10 range you're open to ideas.;)

FussyElmo
03-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Depends on how your relationship is with her I guess. If you are friends with her then, no, not really. I have parents who are friends and if they wanted something specific for their child it wouldn't bother me if they asked. If I felt it was too expensive then I would say so. I do tend to spend that sort of amount on my full time/long term kids.
If it was a new mum, or someone with whom I did not have a close relationship, then yes I would find it a bit forward.

I agree with this. What did you get the child last year seeing as the mum has assumed this toy wouldnt be a problem? Now I will ask one of my mindees mum what she wants but "shes part of the family" but Mum never says anything over £10 and she asks for mine. the other mindee gets a token prosent because he only here for 6 hours a week and thats: term time :thumbsup:

JCrakers
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Cheek....:rolleyes:

I spend about £3 each as I have 13 mindees so it costs me a fortune.
So usually a book or a cup with chocolates in.

Mouse
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I think it depends what you usually buy for mindees. If you generally spend that amount and get that type of toy, then perhaps it's not so cheeky. Perhaps you bought something last year that she'd already got for him & thought she'd save that happening again.

But if you normally spend just a couple of quid and don't buy toys, then yes, it is very cheeky!

ziggy
03-11-2011, 12:10 PM
each of mine get a book for about £5 and a small selection pack

i would say i already have presents in and couldnt have afforded that much anyway

boxtree7
03-11-2011, 12:13 PM
My child will not go without !!! Crazy .... I buy lots good arts and crafts and we have a party .... I don't buy christmas or birthday presents. :blush: I enourage parents not to buy me, my family or other mindees presents. I prefer to purchase something for the setting.

rhea26
03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
It does sound quite cheeky of the mum, what did you reply?
I dont buy presents either, I always make a few nice xmas crafts with them and we have a little party, last year my husband was quite shocked parents didnt even get me card or say thanks!

rosebud
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I have spent this in the past on my full timers but will be sticking to buying books from now on.
I think this is really rude too although I suppose it does depend on your relationship with her. As others have said I would say that I can't afford to spend that kind of money this year, this will put her firmly in her place!