PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Narnia34
02-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm in a bit of a quandary here, so would like some outside views please.

Until Friday I had twin mindees, and 4 weeks ago mum gave notice saying that they had found a Nanny, fair enough.

Today I was told that they are actually being looked after by someone, who I know isn't registered, in her home. This person isn't CRB'd, doesn't have a 1st aid cert or anything else.

The person who is looking after the children and I have a bit of a history. We used to be friends and then had a major falling out when I caught her out in some lies she told about me.

Should I just go ahead and report her to OfSted, or does that make me a really bad person?

I know what I should do, but just wanted to check with people from outside to see what you would do. Please be nice, but all opinions are welcome :)

rosebud
02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I personally would just stay out of it. It sounds like because of your past history you would only be blamed if you try to get involved, even if your intentions are good ones. You also don't really know what kind of arrangement the parent has with this person. Just my opinion and I'm sure others will think differently.

uf353432
02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
See its a tricky one this one - but I would be inclined to agree with the above on balance. Unfortunately some people do use unregistered carers and its a decision made by the parent. Its not a reflection of the care you gave btw - but actually a reflection on the parent and the priority she puts on her childrens safety over the cost of childcare. I dare say this parent is getting her childcare much cheaper. You could mention it to your DO in your area - but I wouldn't put the complaint in yourself - with the history of the carer and the history with being the ex childminder it might be seen as sour grapes which might have the opposite effect. You never know something might happen which gives the parent pause for thought and she might come back to you - she definately won't if you put in a complaint.

Narnia34
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll do as you suggest, I'm seeing my DO on Friday at a training course, so I might have a quiet word with her and see what she says.

You're also correct about the money side of things. Their previous CM only charged them a nominal fee, and, even when I discounted my fee, mum still said she couldn't afford it, so no doubt it's cheaper. Ah well, you pay peanuts, you get......

uf353432
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll do as you suggest, I'm seeing my DO on Friday at a training course, so I might have a quiet word with her and see what she says.

You're also correct about the money side of things. Their previous CM only charged them a nominal fee, and, even when I discounted my fee, mum still said she couldn't afford it, so no doubt it's cheaper. Ah well, you pay peanuts, you get......

anaphylactic shock??? :laughing:

vaughny82
02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
anaphylactic shock??? :laughing:

ha ha ha ha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lets hope she's not paying the new person with tax credits claimed in your name :angry:

lolli_pop243
02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I would also stay out of it, but to be on the safe side, if she was getting tax credits with your details, call the dedicated childminders line for tax credits and tell them you are no longer looking after the twins.