PDA

View Full Version : where do you get....

Becci26
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi,

I have got ofsted coming in 2 weeks for pre-reg and trying to get sorted. where do you get the following from?

- Blue plasters
- disposable gloves
- a whistle
- emergency foil blanket

I'm sure there's others as well but it's gone totally out my head!!

mufftie
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm sure I've seen blue pasters and gloves in Tesco's

Penny1959
02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I have got ofsted coming in 2 weeks for pre-reg and trying to get sorted. where do you get the following from?

- Blue plasters
- disposable gloves
- a whistle
- emergency foil blanket

My goodness I only have two of those things - the disposable gloves - in case I need them
and the foil blanket - but that is for play! I got my blanket from poundland 2 for £1

Penny :)

Natternic
02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
you dont need everything in place, just make a list and mention it to OFsted to say what you will do/put in place.
hth

butterfly
02-11-2011, 02:57 PM
i got plasters and gloves from tesco. my foil blanket is also for play from ebay, whistle you can get in a sports store or online. TBH when i need something i always look at ebay!

Pipsqueak
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi,

- Blue plasters
- disposable gloves
- a whistle
- emergency foil blanket

why do you need these things?
None of them are requirements, perhaps desirable but not essential. I wouldn't stress too much.

However I suppose - check wilkinsons, and pound shops

rosebud
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't have any of these things.

wendywu
02-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I have the gloves but nothing else, why do we need a whistle is it to go with the sheep dog :laughing:

rickysmiths
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I have a whistle. Nothing to do with childminding though!

Years ago when dh was away doing his Teacher Training year and I was on my own, no children yet, I got a series of Obscene phone calls in the middle of the night. I knew who it was and the Police got them in the end but they advised to keep a whistle by the phone and blow it hard into the receiver if you get such a call or a series of them I still to this day keep one to hand.

I would use it to raise the alarm, attract someones attention.

I have foil blankets in my boot. One for each passenger especially in the winter. It came in very useful very late one night when dd and I came across an accident in one of the lanes near home. It kept a very frightened young lad warm until the Police arrived. Your local garage/Tesco sometimes/pound shops

I have a few disposable gloves in my First Aid boxes and bags. I have boxes of them for nappy changing anyway. Boots/Tesco/Costco

You don't need blue plasters really, though if you cook they are good practice because if one did come off into food they are easier to spot than flesh coloured ones which is why they are used in Catering. Your local chemist/tesco/superdrug sell them.

chez
02-11-2011, 04:35 PM
blue plaster you can get from most supermarkets and boots etc. I have these in my first aid kit for adults doing food.
Gloves you can get online I get mine from a local "sells everything" store and i use these for first aid and changing nappies/dealing with children who have had a wet accident or been sick - doesnt everyone use gloves?

blanket from 99p store
whistle from a sports store or walking store

PixiePetal
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Wilkinsons have foil blankets - I have them for play too :thumbsup:

never had a whistle though :D

jumping j
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
i got dispossable gloves from the pound shop, but they were to freeze water in for halloween ice cubes!!!!
:laughing:

EmmaReed84
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
When I had my pre-teg meeting I had done in-depth risk assessments outlining what I knew needed to be done (ex fix a broken cupboard door, glass protectors, stair gate, garden gate lock etc)

Because I had identified these things and written a plan of action and date of estmated completion she said that was good enough and to keep it so when they come after I am registered they can see I did those things.

That way I didnt have to run about trying to get everything done. x

Sue_M222
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Only had my pre-reg over a month ago and I didn't have any of that in place. The lady phoned on the Friday and said she had availability on the Monday so I said I could do that but didn't have anything printed as need to get a printer - she said she wasn't interested in the policies just that my knowledge on all the EYFS stuff. I didn't even have a risk assessment printed but had gone round with the one we got given on our training. As we went round I was just pointing out where I would have things in place. I did say I wasn't going to spend money out until I knew I was definitely going to be registered, which she understood.

Hope this helps.

Becci26
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Thankyou all for your help,

It's not just for pre reg more for getting everything in place to get started once registered, just thought it would be good to have it all in place.

I want a whistle in case of emergencies, am aware I will probably never use it but thought it would be good practice.

Foil blankets to go in my evacuation bag.

Doing my ICP at the mo and she says we must have blue plasters in first aid box.

Will take a look at the places you have suggested thankyou.

Maza
02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Gloves and blue plasters from my local chemist. Foil blanket from my first aid course. Whistle from a sports shop. Good luck. x

Nature'sKids!
02-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Er BLUE plasters? Why?

Joda
02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
I've got a foil blanket in my 'shiny' treasure basket and a whistle that I blow to summon my own kids in when they're playing out in the street (saves me leaving the house to shout them - I just open the window and blow it!).

Your post has reminded me that I must go through my First Aid box in preparation for my inspection

Amyclark32
02-11-2011, 10:39 PM
In scotland you have to wear gloves to change nappies for infection control. Is this not the case in England?

miffy
03-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Er BLUE plasters? Why?

So you can find them easily if they drop off in the food you're preparing/cooking, I think.

Miffy xx

Becci26
03-11-2011, 07:54 AM
So you can find them easily if they drop off in the food you're preparing/cooking, I think.

Miffy xx

Exactly that Miffy thanks :)

Becci26
03-11-2011, 07:54 AM
In scotland you have to wear gloves to change nappies for infection control. Is this not the case in England?

Yes we are supposed to :thumbsup:

Suebb1
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
2 foil blankets from the 99p shop!