PDA

View Full Version : Least number of hours your mindees spend with you per day

nipper
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm just curious as to the least number of hours your Under 5's mindees spend with you. I have one 22 month old for three hours, two days per week. If we do crafty activities like painting or sticking I sometimes send them home with him but it's difficult getting them to dry in time...I have been known to get the hairdryer out.

uf353432
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I have an 18mth old 3 hrs one day a week. Unfortunately he is dropped off at 2.45, I have 30 mins before the school run and then we return from the school run, have tea and he's picked up at 5.30pm.

Fortunately earlier in the same day he comes with mum to a toddler group I run in the morning - so anything crafty I plan for then for him and do observations on him then as well.

mufftie
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a girl , (neighbour) come 2 hrs over lunchtime twice a week , I wouldn't normally do it but she wanted her to come as she dosnt speak any English and I was reccommended by her friend who's son attends full time,

Toothfairy
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Out of my 3 EYFS spaces, I always make sure that 2 spaces are kept for full timers and the 3rd space is for people wanting just a few hours.
My Full timers come from 8am - 6pm and my part timer comes from 8am - 1pm or 1pm - 6pm.

I also have before and after schoolers who come from 8am - 8.45am and 3.30pm - 6pm.

kel1983
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
We have one child who is contracted 2 dys a week 8am-9am but he always arrives 20 minutes late. He has about 15 minutes to play nd then we leave for school.

The good thing is he doesnt take up and spaces as most our children arrive at 9 or later

janminder
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
A schoolie anything from 0-5 days a week, mum normally meets me on way to school if she doesnt have time to drop him that mo so maybe 10mins max 40 mins as occasionally he may arrive before I leave. Otherwise another schoolie 2 hours 2 mornings a week.

Mouse
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I used to collect one little boy from nursery, then hand him over to his granny on the way home. If she was quick leaving work I'd have mindee for maybe 5 minutes as we walked down the road. If she was running late, I'd sometimes make it all the way home with him, but that didn't happen very often.

caz3007
02-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I used to have one mindie for 15 mins a day. I used to collect her as I passed her house and take her to school with my DS. I stopped when I got fed up of mum not letting me know when she wasnt going in and I had sciatica at the time, so it just wasnt worth the added upset

nipper
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
I used to collect one little boy from nursery, then hand him over to his granny on the way home. If she was quick leaving work I'd have mindee for maybe 5 minutes as we walked down the road. If she was running late, I'd sometimes make it all the way home with him, but that didn't happen very often.

I used to have one mindie for 15 mins a day. I used to collect her as I passed her house and take her to school with my DS. I stopped when I got fed up of mum not letting me know when she wasnt going in and I had sciatica at the time, so it just wasnt worth the added upset.

And you charged by the hour?

caz3007
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
And you charged by the hour?

Not really, I only charged her for 15 mins as it was on my way and I was going anyway. It started off as a favour as the gran was poorly and mum needed to get her up in the morning, then it became so that mum didnt have to get up and neither did the child. So it really wasnt worth my while.

kellib
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
One of my mindees comes for 2.5 hours a day 3 times a week, she started off coming for 6.5 hours a day 5 days a week then it went down to 2.5 hours 5 days a week and now it's 2.5 hours for 3 times a week :rolleyes:

Wendybird
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
1.5 to 2.5 hours 3 times a week. But my minimum charge is 5 hours/day as I've only 1 early years space. Mum is starting to leave him for longer now that he's settled though - I think she's enjoying a bit of adult time! Soon he'll be up to the full five hours. ;)