PDA

View Full Version : Sprouts :-)

sillysausage
01-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Today for lunch I cooked sprouts (along with other veggies etc) and I was amazed when all 3 mindees ate them:clapping: :clapping: Admittedly the oldest (nearly 4) at first said "I don't eat them" and I said "you don't know what they're like until you've tried them". He licked them a couple of times and then ate every scrap. Success!!

sweets
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Strange kids! lol

Happy Bunny
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I love sprouts! Two of my kids like them but one point blank refuses to even touch them.
We call them baby cabbages

miffy
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Hated them as a child but love them now! :D

Kids are so funny, one of mine won't eat "greeny beans" as he calls them!

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
01-11-2011, 08:42 PM
My eldest ds moans if they are no sprouts on his dinner - eldest dd wont touch them. Youngest will also eat them :thumbsup:

boxtree7
01-11-2011, 08:45 PM
My favourite ....

Mouse
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
DH & I love sprouts, but all our children hate them. I always put a couple of their plates, but you'd think I was trying to poison them :eek: :laughing:

PixiePetal
01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
I buy 1 portion of sprouts for my DH at Christmas - that's it for the year. Myself and my kids loathe them :o

I was made to eat one as a child or I wouldn't have been able to go with dad in the car to see my fave aunt - I ate it, was sick and wasn't allowed to go cos I was sick!! so unfair :(

keeks
01-11-2011, 09:40 PM
I love them and I had them for lunch today too!

My son loves them too but when he came home after school and smelled them he asked if one of the babies had done a poo! :laughing:

xx

The Juggler
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM
i could eat sprouts til they come out of my ears - I love 'em cold and hot and would munch on any leftovers in the fridge quite happily. I'm the only one in my family (bar my mum) who likes them :laughing:

singingcactus
02-11-2011, 06:29 AM
We all love them here too. Not boiled though - they are not good that way. We like them shredded and stir fried with mushrooms and bacon.

mushpea
02-11-2011, 06:57 AM
I HATE SPROUTS I only buy them at christmas and only then cause its traditional in my family to have them at christmas,, we have one each :laughing:

although I must say I have never tried them cold or shreded them in a stir friy so I may be brave and try that

singingcactus
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
although I must say I have never tried them cold or shreded them in a stir friy so I may be brave and try that

Honestly, you should. I hated sprouts till I did them that way - they taste so totally different. I buy them every week they are season now lol.

kindredspirits
02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
i love sprouts! yum yum yum! just wish my DS would eat any vegetable, but he won't even try one on the tip of his tongue without throwing up so i have to make sure that i put loads into his pot food (you know, curry, spag bol etc) I can't get away with anything green though as he can see it! :rolleyes:

smedlec
02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Haven't heard of cold or stir frying so I'll have to try that too. Thanks!

Sharon

WibbleWobble
02-11-2011, 02:48 PM
sprouts are what makes winter....oh golly i do love em....cold, raw, over cooked etc.

i go to my DDs old school for xmas lunch (i am a governor) and they do sprouts.....and ALWAYS give me extra!

My children have always eaten their veg.

the only things my DD2 doesnt like is raw tomatoes.
DD1 doesnt like jelly (neither do i)

DD2s fave food when she was little....anthing with goats cheese and spinach.

mandy xxx

Bananabrain
02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Sprouts are banned in my house.
No, I'm not joking.
They should be outlawed:laughing:

Maza
02-11-2011, 10:17 PM
mmmm, like the stir fry idea!! I like them with chestnuts.