PDA

View Full Version : Concerned

handeme
01-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I have a 18 month old mindee who is normally really well settled, loves his sleep in an afternoon, eats all his food and normally asks for my, has a good old trantrum on many occasions through the day but...

his mum and dad have gone on holiday just for a week without him and he is at home with grandma (who he normally only sees probably once a month)

He is a big sleeper and is terrible if he doesnt get a decent sleep. Anyway he is not sleeping at night, he hasnt got his mummy and daddy at home, he is not eating properly so when he comes to me (luckily he is full time so at least he is spending most of his time with me) I am unable to do anything with him, his tantruming is off the scale, he put his meals on the floor yesterday, he is smacking, pushing and hitting. He went down for his sleep yesterday afternoon and had 3 hours so that helped him a little.

Anyway today he was disruptive at playgroup and screamed when I went to put him down for his sleep, luckily he has settled now.

Would you tell me exactly what he has been like, I know she feels bad for leaving him and I don't want her to feel any worse.

c x

JCrakers
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Ah...poor little Man..

I would just say he has been unsettled and out of routine while they have been away. Say he needs lots of loves as he has missed them.

See how he is next week, maybe he'll be back to his normal self..Whatever normal is where children are concerned..... lol :D

lolli_pop243
01-11-2011, 02:51 PM
As a parent, I would want to know how he has really been in my absence. It would inform my decision on whether to do it again or not, and also on whether grandma is the best placed person to look after him in my absence. If he wasn't used to her, then she may not have known his routine, and the situation could deteriorate further if mom were to go again-which she might if she thinks it was all ok, and he was fine with it.......

Nature'sKids!
01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
As a parent, I would want to know how he has really been in my absence. It would inform my decision on whether to do it again or not, and also on whether grandma is the best placed person to look after him in my absence. If he wasn't used to her, then she may not have known his routine, and the situation could deteriorate further if mom were to go again-which she might if she thinks it was all ok, and he was fine with it.......

I agree. I'd want to know too

handeme
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
He does seem settled with Grandma and was tongiht when I dropped him off. I generally think he is just out of sorts because mummy and daddy are away. I know she feels bad leaving him and was really upset when she left and didnt want to upset her even further. I was planning telling her how he was to a certain degree.

The Juggler
01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Ah...poor little Man..

I would just say he has been unsettled and out of routine while they have been away. Say he needs lots of loves as he has missed them.

See how he is next week, maybe he'll be back to his normal self..Whatever normal is where children are concerned..... lol :D

i agree :thumbsup: i wouldn't go into huge detail but say he'd been unsettled, tearful and was not his usual self.:thumbsup:

rosebud
01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
As above. Not too much detail but be clear that he missed them and has been very unsettled and out of routine.