PDA

View Full Version : Help with what to put in a newsletter please :-)

katie78
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi im just wondering whay things to put in a newsletter, I haven't done one yet and am unsure of exactly what to put in it !

I will put in about our xmas closing times but other than that im unsure :eek:

Oh and the environmental health lady came this morning and was very impressed with everything and the ony thing i needed to do was have in some blue plasters doh !!

kel1983
01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I created my first newsletter last month. I am actually really proud of it and the parents loved it.

I basically put in any holiday dates, wrote about our new assistant, the fact that I have just started offering hot meals, Polite reminders (lateness etc), upcoming themes, any achievements, and a final round up which covers what we have done since the last newsletter.

I aimed to fill a single side of A4 but I found once I started typing it up it turned out to be double sided :eek: I'm sure th next one will not be as long ;)

MAWI
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Mine is one side of A4. It goes out termly ,usually at the beginning of term. It has a paragraph of what we've loosely been up to, what we will be doing this coming term(any key dates or activities such as Triips), I have a little section for EYFS children only with reminders in and topics or Learning areas that we cover. A birthdays box and a Calendar box for my holidays or TD days. I also put small photos in a banner style at the top which my parents love. It sounds loads but its actually quite hard to keep it short and sweet to one page when you start.

Also if there are any updates about myself, I.e studying, courses etc... No one else will publicise for us after all.

sarah707
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Some of my old ones are on the parents page of my website if you want a nosey.

I keep them very simple :D

katie78
01-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the great advice I shall see what i can put together :D