PDA

View Full Version : A quick medication question

snufflepuff
31-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Just want to check- am I right in thinking that we are allowed to apply non-prescription creams as long as we fill in a medication form etc?? Things like nappy rash creams or eczema/ dry skin treatments for example.

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I apply medication from doctors and then have permission for nappy cream (i.e. sudocream) and sun tan cream as long as the parents supply it

sarah707
31-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes as long as you have permission for the medication and know when it was last applied so you are not overdosing.

Then get a signature when it's been applied.

Hth :D

snufflepuff
31-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Thank you. It was just something I read about childcare providers not being able to give medication, creams etc unless it has been prescribed. (The medication in question was cream for a child with eczema) and I thought WHAT?!

The person was obviously incorrect.

sarah707
31-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Thank you. It was just something I read about childcare providers not being able to give medication, creams etc unless it has been prescribed. (The medication in question was cream for a child with eczema) and I thought WHAT?!

The person was obviously incorrect.

Some people still haven't realised that the Eyfs was updated shortly after writing and still insist on referring to the original version...

I always refer them to the latest Ofsted factsheet -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-giving-medication-children-registered-childcare

:D

snufflepuff
31-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Thank you Sarah