PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected quiet day

Playmate
31-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Don't you just love it when this happens. Originally we had six children booked in for today. One of rising 5's was due to have an inset day and she now has chicken pox, her younger sister had a temp yesterday (but no spots as yet) so we said "no thankyou keep her at home" and another little one is going to a wedding with her parents. So a busy day has turned out to be very quiet. Currently all are asleep :D

Ive no doubt we will make up for it tomorrow, but in the mean time I will conserve my energy :laughing:

jane5
31-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Mmmmmmm lovely

It has happened to me once since I started last December,

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I have 2 off today too - 2 in bed and another playing

A complete different day to last week when I had three boys whinging all week (yes I said boys!)

mufftie
31-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Oh enjoy
I've got 3 under 2 and I'm dying to take them out to a group or somewhere but they're still shut until tomorrow :rolleyes: roll on tomorrow

I've goy a new boy 22 months coming at 4 for an hours settling in , he starts full time in 3 wks , can't see me having a quiet day until I shut for crimbo ( unless it snows )

Playmate
31-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I have 2 off today too - 2 in bed and another playing

A complete different day to last week when I had three boys whinging all week (yes I said boys!)
Oh i know where you are coming from! we had 3 big boys who could whinge for England!

Maza
31-10-2011, 03:35 PM
As much as we love them, yes it is lovely when that happens!

TheBTeam
31-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Most of our days are quiet at the moment:(

muffins
31-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Its great isn't it! I was supposed to have 2 rising 5's all day, 1 who has at short notice gone away for a long wk end & the other's grandparents asked to spend the day with him! Was also supposed to have a 1yr old who was supposed to be flying back from holiday yest but has delayed flights so a day off:clapping:

loocyloo
31-10-2011, 05:11 PM
i'm the opposite ... apart from taking a big boy to school, i don't work mondays, and its an inset day, so a friend was coming over with her boys for lunch , so not exactly quiet, but still a 'quiet' day ... last night mum rings, can i have big boy for morning? yes fine, he knows my friends boys and they all get on well ... another friend invites my DS to play, i say, come here and stay for lunch with me and other friend ... first friend rings and is looking after a neighbours DD as emergency, so she is coming too. but is a friend of DDs so that works well ...

in the end there were 8 children rampaging round, 3 adults and then minded childs mum arrives and stays for cup of tea & cake, then little girls mum arrives and stays for a cuppa too ...

it has been a lovely, if exhausting day, just not the quiet one i anticipated and my thought of getting on top of paperwork has gone by the board!!!

Playmate
31-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Don't you just love it when this happens. Originally we had six children booked in for today. One of rising 5's was due to have an inset day and she now has chicken pox, her younger sister had a temp yesterday (but no spots as yet) so we said "no thankyou keep her at home" and another little one is going to a wedding with her parents. So a busy day has turned out to be very quiet. Currently all are asleep :D

Ive no doubt we will make up for it tomorrow, but in the mean time I will conserve my energy :laughing:

Its now 5.15 and they have all gone home :clapping: - very unusual. tomorrow we are working from 7am - 6.30pm :(

miffy
31-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Its now 5.15 and they have all gone home :clapping: - very unusual. tomorrow we are working from 7am - 6.30pm :(

You will need all that energy you've saved from today then!

Miffy xx