PDA

View Full Version : claiming for house insurance

jilly76
31-10-2011, 11:56 AM
just a quich one...can you claim for your house insurance and if so how much xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2011, 12:05 PM
If you are claiming the NCMA portions then we were advised 10%. Otherwise a percentage of you actual use

TheBTeam
31-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I thought you could only claim any amount directly as a cost of your being a childminder, as in some cases because of the exclusions it is actually cheaper than what you would have for your own home anyway.

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I thought you could only claim any amount directly as a cost of your being a childminder, as in some cases because of the exclusions it is actually cheaper than what you would have for your own home anyway.

There were some discussions about this a couple of years ago because MM put a 10% claim box for house insurance on their paperwork. Not sure if it is still there? Maybe someone with MM can post?

jane5
31-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes, I have just checked my MM paperwork and it says for 40 hours a week or more, 10% CONTENTS INSURANCE, not building insurance

Donkey
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I put through the increased cost as a result of being a childminder...

when its insurance renewal time I do a comparison search for like for like insurance based on my old office job

then put in the increased cost, it was about £50 more this year because im a cm...

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I put through the increased cost as a result of being a childminder...

when its insurance renewal time I do a comparison search for like for like insurance based on my old office job

then put in the increased cost, it was about £50 more this year because im a cm...

Try Churchill as they don't add anything on

Donkey
11-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks Debbie

I stick with mm, I know then I am completely covered and would rather spend the bit extra, plus their customer services are wonderful