PDA

View Full Version : Same smile TV programme

alysonclark
31-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi do any of you let your mindees watch same smile ? I don't have the tv on normally when minding but I think this would be ok (KUW ) I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy and think he might like this and can certainly learn from it .
I occasionally use a nursery rhyme dvd as he dosen't know any rhymes or toddler songs.At song time at toddler group he just sits there like a lemon and can't join in ,so am trying deperatly to teach all the normal songs /rhymes that young children sing .( i'.ve only had him for a few weeks one day a wk).
Alyson

ORKSIE
31-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Cant say ive seen it....Will look out for it:)

alysonclark
31-10-2011, 08:24 AM
It has been on BBC HD on sat afternoon my Grandson has been watching it when he has been visiting us .This wk it's on cbeebies at 10. 55 am and repeated at 2.55 pm.It's really good .It teaches children that we are all different,have different likes /dislikes ,favourite foods ,live in different settings ect but all have the same smile.
Alyson

PixiePetal
31-10-2011, 08:47 AM
my 2.5yr old mindee loves it. mind you he loves most TV! Definitely watches more at home than here - as mum freely admits :)

He is also a very physical lad so a bit of TV while I get lunch ready calms him down - I record a few episodes and he doesn't mind repeats of his faves :thumbsup:

Tealady
31-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Same Smile is a nice programme for LO's. I also like Show Me Show Me.

Don't feel you have to justify using the television. As long as it isn't on indiscrimitorly (sp) all day then I don't think it is a problem. It has it's uses.

Mrs Book
31-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Not seen that one. Will have to look out for it. Mindee 18mths watches more tv at home than here. We very rarely have it on.

Saying that it is has been on today as my boys are at home.

AliceK
31-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I haven't seen that one but I do think quite a lot of CBeebies programs are educational for LO's. All of mine love Justin and Mr Tumble and they can learn a lot from that. I don't feel bad about it, as long as they are not sat glued to the TV all the time I think it's fine.

xxxx

ORKSIE
31-10-2011, 02:06 PM
It's really good .It teaches children that we are all different,have different likes /dislikes ,favourite foods ,live in different settings ect but all have the same smile.
Alyson

That sounds lovely....Will look out for that...Thanks:thumbsup:

x

watgem
31-10-2011, 02:11 PM
we watch Something Special too, very good for inclusion and teaches Makaton

Maza
31-10-2011, 02:44 PM
That's one of our favourites, very sweet and innocent. Of course it would be okay, as long as it's not on all day, like someone else already pointed out.

primula
31-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Havent heard of that one but then I am a something special fan!!! He just is just so daft, i love his cliff richard( cliff tumbel) impersonation!!

SYLVIA
31-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes we like same smile too. I watch Cbeebies with the LO's if the TV is on and we get some good ideas for activities from it. If a child shows particular interest in something I can extend that in other areas too. I don't have a problem with TV although I have now said no to Ben 10 and the like as all the boys want to do is fight after watching it!

ja8estar
01-11-2011, 06:12 AM
My mindees love Mr tumble and same smile I link them by doing some of the activities that are on the website The mindees love this
I find the I can cook Lady a bit annoying but the Mindees like to cook what they have seen and the parents have been impressed you can link loads to the eyfs by doing this

Pandypops
01-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Havent heard of that one but then I am a something special fan!!! He just is just so daft, i love his cliff richard( cliff tumbel) impersonation!!

I love Cliff Tumble too - really makes me giggle!! :laughing: :laughing: