PDA

View Full Version : Unit 5

Happy Bunny
29-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Could some-one give me a few pointers on D please - Explain why it is important to include the child's interests when planning.

I am having a brain freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been sitting trying to write this for the past 2 hours and have only written 2 paragraphs.

Rachel1983
29-10-2011, 07:17 PM
well i'm only a nusery nurse at the mo so i hope this is right....

but i have weekly meetings wid my children to include what they would like to learn and include there ideas...
if a child came in wid say a pirates outfit and wanted to make a patch or a hat then i'd change my art activity... it's about tying it all together with the EYFS and the childs wants a needs.... i might then make trasure maps and hide treasure in the garden... dress the children up and do face painting etc... allowing them to feel like there ideas and things are valued and important... Ofsted love to see how you include childrens ideas in to your planning...

its about including children in to the day/plans.... :idea:

i hope this is right and helps :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
30-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Could some-one give me a few pointers on D please - Explain why it is important to include the child's interests when planning.

I am having a brain freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been sitting trying to write this for the past 2 hours and have only written 2 paragraphs.

It is important to include a childs interests because:

it makes them feel valued and included
prevents butterfly like behaviours, misbehaviour/unwanted behaviour, boredom, disinterest
helps build a rapport and trust between the practitioner and child

it enhances their learning
it provides and develops other opportunities to extend their learning and interests (enhanced provision)
it give the practitioner an opportunity to observe the child in something they may be fully engrossed and interested in
it provides opportunity for true deep play

hth:thumbsup:

Happy Bunny
06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you so much for your help.