PDA

View Full Version : tonsillitis..should I work??

LittleAcorns
15-05-2008, 06:06 AM
should I look after the children?

I believe I have tonsillitis, Ive been in contact with one of the mums who has it........ I feel ok..ish as Im dosed up on painkillers, cant really afford to take a day off as had 2 days off last week with D&V

Louise xx

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Sorry to hear you have this Louise

I have had it recently along with a kidney and chest infection - no you should not work

But I did

I told all the parents and they needed me but it is very catching though I had to try and keep a safe distance and not kiss the babies or anything like that

So if you decided to do the same as me then you will need to ask the parents first it would not be fair not to warn them - then its their choice

If you want my advice then do not work - I felt terrible and im sure you do too

Rest - put your feet up and get well soon

Hugs to you

Angel xx

emler
15-05-2008, 07:10 AM
I would cancel mindees I think and try to get well. I hope you start to feel better soon Louise

Emler x

miffy
15-05-2008, 07:18 AM
I would cancel too but if you decide to work then you should let it be the parents choice whether they send their children or not

Hope you get better soon

miffy xx

avril
15-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Poor you, I know how grotty you can feel with tonsilitis as I used to suffer with it on a regular basis until they whipped my tonsils out.
No, I wouldn't work concentrate on getting yourself better ;)

NikNak
15-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh I do sympathise with you as I have tonsilitus today too. I cancelled all of mine at 5am this morning when I was feeling delerious with a fever! I feel terrible and defo couldnt work! Im going to the doctors at 11.20 to get some antibiotics hopefully. I get it on a regular basis and last time doc said i would have to think about having my tonsils taken out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gargling with asprin really helps reduce the inflamation even though it makes me gag when Im doing it! And the obvious painkillers alterneating between ibubrofen and paracetomel do help.

best wishes, get better soon.x

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Sorry you are poorly also

Get well soon

Angel xx

LittleAcorns
16-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone, I decided to warn all parents and give them th echoice, one parent said "how contagious is it?" I said I was in contact with someone for a few minutes so Id say higly contagious! :panic: " she said she's take her chances....everyone else said yeah no probs,

mindees are going home any min now, I feel like poo, cant wait :idea: xx

miffy
16-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Hope you get a good rest over the weekend and feel better by monday

miffy xx

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Have a good weekend and hope you get better soon

Angel xx

Spangles
16-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I hope you get to take it easy for a couple of days now and feel better soon.

Take care.

x

katickles
16-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Hope you feel better after the weekend :)

LittleAcorns
17-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Thank you all.

Im going to chill as much as poss ;) but I have my first inspection either next Weds or Fri :panic: so trying to do a bit of preparing

The lady from Ofsted rang to arrange a time, she sounds really lovely, she asked what days I was available, said ok so weds and fri............but then said so I'll see you one day next week, in other words they have to say that but I know she wont come the other days LOL xx

miffy
17-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Hope you're feeling bettter this morning Louise

Good luck with your inspection

miffy xx