PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

mgtrem
29-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Mindees parents asked me to do 4 extra days in Nov. I agreed, have invoiced them and they have paid. This week they have come back and said 'sorry to mess you about but we dont need all the extra hours. What would you do? Its approx £90 that I'd be missing out on

1) Say ok - no worries

2) say ok this time - but going forward I need 4 weeks notice

3) say tough - and not give them back the money.

They are a new(ish) family
Thanks

AliceK
29-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi

Because they are a new family in this instance I'd be inclined to say I will deduct what they don't use in November off of Decembers invoice but make it very clear that this is a one off as usually once dates are booked I need 4 weeks notice to deduct (that's what I have in my contracts)

xxxx

Maza
29-10-2011, 01:13 PM
How annoying. I would do what Alice K said. x

blue bear
29-10-2011, 01:26 PM
When asked for extra hours I get parent to complete a booking sheet which states once booked hours will be charged fir unless 4 weeks notice is given.

I'd refund if you have not turned other work away to accommodate this request but next time draw up a booking sheet making it clear you will charge even if cancelled

mgtrem
29-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys. This really is such a steep learning curve. I feel like I have a new little issue every week!

Boris
30-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Annoying! Can you maybe hold it as credit for days in the future, maybe to be used within a certain time?

walker1982
30-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I am in a similar situation mine is a new starter who has now moved there starting date back 3 weeks. Please post what you decide to do as i am in limbo over this.

Thanks
Emma x

miffy
31-10-2011, 07:58 AM
I always say hours have to be paid for once they are booked whether they are used or not - saves a lot of hassle when this sort of thing happens.

Miffy xx

loocyloo
31-10-2011, 09:23 AM
me too!

once a day is booked, its paid for and it is only refundable if i have to cancel!

mgtrem
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi walker 1982,

just to let you know that I said that I would ofset the money against Dec's invoice but that going forward I would expect 4 weeks notice to change hours once they had been agreed.

The family were appreciative of the fact that I'd been flexible this time and agreed that going forward that was how it should be.

Good luck with your family x