PDA

View Full Version : Filling spaces / overnight care

Rachel1983
29-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm a newbie with a lot of ideas and concerns....

my worries are:

1. will i have the space to have children in my massionette ??
2. do i leave my job when i am registred to be avaliable ??
3. will not having children count against me filling spaces i also have no garden??
4. how, where and when to advertise??

my ideas and thoughts:

offer fun, be very activie
being very creative and lots of messy play
hopefully being able to at least have 3 children
offer over night care is this a good idea or not ?? and how do i go about doing that ???
deciding on a name soooo many ideas

I'M SOOOOO EXCITED

thanks for reading :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mummyMia
29-10-2011, 04:55 PM
1. You don't actually need to have very much space. My friend lives in a small flat and Ofsted allowed her to have a maximum of 5 children (she doesn't have any of her own).
2. It can take a while to get mindees so it might be risky to leave your job too early. I have had a few enquiries for immediate starts but most mums (particularly those on maternity leave) start looking more than a month in advance so you could sign a contract first and then leave your job.
3. Not sure how parents would feel about the lack of a garden. Not having any children might make it harder as parents can't see you with children. Some parents might see it as a positive.
4. Most of my enquiries come from my website and childcare.co.uk. I started advertising when I was pre-reg but did not have a single enquiry until after I was registered.

Good luck!:)

Rachel1983
29-10-2011, 05:02 PM
o thank you that was actually really helpful thanks :jump for joy: :jump for joy: