PDA

View Full Version : Well today is the day...

keeks
29-10-2011, 10:12 AM
... I am beginning to climb the accounts mountain for the first time!

I think I will be hanging around this part of the forum for the foreseeable future! :D

Please keep your fingers crossed I don't have a breakdown and tear everything up. I am seriously considering getting an accountant but I thought perhaps if I use the Force of the Forum I will be able to battle it on my own.

In preparation I have printed off the tax downloads stuff from here and read through it.

Right, first thing is to organise the receipts in month order (I've currently got them in a big pile - at least they are in one place!).

Sorry in advance for all the questions I will be asking! :blush:

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-10-2011, 10:21 AM
It isn't that bad

As you say sort your receipts into month and the week order (this is the longest part) and I would say in future don't leave it but try and organise this each week

After that write them into your spreadsheet/accounts book, then add in where you have been for costs of toddlers, swimming, shopping etc and then finally the mileage

These are the expenses - then do the income which you can then add 10% of to your expenses as wear and tear

You also need to calculate for expenses, water and council rates, electricity and gas, sky/virgin, telephone.

That is a start - good luck as I expect it will take all day :D

Hope it is raining where you are as it won't seem so bad then :thumbsup:

Tink
29-10-2011, 11:41 AM
My husband does ours. He has an envelope for each month and we put our relevant receipts in the monthly envelope then it is easier for him to sort them out.

PixiePetal
29-10-2011, 11:46 AM
My husband does ours. He has an envelope for each month and we put our relevant receipts in the monthly envelope then it is easier for him to sort them out.

I do monthly envelopes as I go and try and sort them at the end of each month - doesn't always happen like that though :o

keeks
29-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys!

Debbie, if I come out the other side alive, I will ALWAYS do this weekly!!!

And that promise is going to last way longer than my usual "I will never drink again" or "Next Christmas I will buy all my presents before Halloween!". :D

xx