PDA

View Full Version : those of you with a T3 triple , help please

mama2three
29-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Im watching one on ebay atm but it has a broken bit!
This is what the seller says.................the handle is supported at 3 points, left right and middle, and has a hinge as part of this. On the buggy side of the hinger on the left the plastic has snapped (probably as someone pushed it down to lift the front wheels up a kerb with the toddler seat loaded) It is still useable but difficult to push down thus.

Now without being able to see how the piece works I have no idea how fixable it would be ! Would you be able to slide a piece of metal tube over it for example , but then that depends if the handlebar detaches I suppose.
Anyway if you wouldnt mind looking at yours and seeing what you think before I either lose a bargain or spend money on something that cant be fixed.
Thankyou x

jane5
29-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Sorry I do not have one so can not help

Could you ring the company who make them and see how much for a replacement part?

rachelle
29-10-2011, 06:32 PM
There are 3 buttons on the handle you push in to adjust the handle height. I read it as one of the buttons is hard to push in - you'd only need to do this once as height doesn't affect folding etc.

Boris
30-10-2011, 08:52 PM
As Rachelle said the handle is height adjustable on hinges. You press 3 buttons in and it moves and clicks into position. I read it as the handle on the left side may not be clicked in. Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem unless you needed to put pressure on the handle. I bought mine from the T3 website and the guy who owns it is very helpful. I bet of you email him he'll be able to tell you if it's fixable.

The Juggler
30-10-2011, 09:51 PM
it's a really heavy buggy hon, and whilst it pushes lovely on the flat, I would not want to be pushing it uphill or up kerbs with a dodgy handle:panic:

mama2three
31-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Thanks for your help everyone - well I won the auction at £62! which may mean I have an incredible bargain or there again may mean I have a toddler seat to sell!! Not sure when Im collecting yet but will let you know !

miffy
31-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Sounds a bargain! Hope it's fixable for you.

Miffy xx

jane5
31-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for your help everyone - well I won the auction at £62! which may mean I have an incredible bargain or there again may mean I have a toddler seat to sell!! Not sure when Im collecting yet but will let you know !

Wow that really is a bargain :clapping:

I hope you are able to fix it ;)

The Juggler
31-10-2011, 07:48 PM

even if you need to spend £100 to get it fixed that's still a bargain for a T3:thumbsup:

mama2three
04-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Well ladies , to say Im chuffed is an understatement!
Dh has fixed the handle with a metal rod and tube , total cost of £0.00!! ( from work!) It is now stronger than the other side!!
The wheel cogs are worn but replaceable , total cost of £10.00.

So Ive got a good condition valco trimode ( exactly the same as the t3 but the australian name) , cosytoes , headhuggers , raincovers , the works for a total of ...£72!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
wow thought I got a bargain with my £300 pound one :clapping: