PDA

View Full Version : Ooow can you believe it?!?!

Tatjana
28-10-2011, 07:03 PM
After finally getting another mindee (only have a 2 day a week before and after schoolie) and all set to start on monday.....my ds has come up in spots on his face tonight, looks like chicken pox :panic:

Maza
28-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh no! My friend had to cancel her first day with her first mindee but it didn't make a difference in the long run! At least you can give her a couple of days notice if you have to cancel. Hope your LO is okay.

Tatjana
28-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh no! My friend had to cancel her first day with her first mindee but it didn't make a difference in the long run! At least you can give her a couple of days notice if you have to cancel. Hope your LO is okay.

Thank you.

uf353432
28-10-2011, 08:31 PM
check with mum of new mindee and see if new mindee has had chicken pox. My daughter had it for the 2nd time and I emailed all parents. They all came in as planned - the ones who had had it already and the ones who hadn't had it yet in the hope they would get it. In 3 years my 2 girls have had chicken pox 3 times between them and i've not lost a days work - most parents are keen for their kids to get it.

if your little one does have it highly recommend a warm bath of oat milk and bicarb of soda ( soak porridge oats in a sock or muslin to get the milk out) the milk is soothing and bicard helps dry out the spots - very effective :)

mufftie
28-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I agree they may still want to bring them

Tatjana
28-10-2011, 09:05 PM
check with mum of new mindee and see if new mindee has had chicken pox. My daughter had it for the 2nd time and I emailed all parents. They all came in as planned - the ones who had had it already and the ones who hadn't had it yet in the hope they would get it. In 3 years my 2 girls have had chicken pox 3 times between them and i've not lost a days work - most parents are keen for their kids to get it.

if your little one does have it highly recommend a warm bath of oat milk and bicarb of soda ( soak porridge oats in a sock or muslin to get the milk out) the milk is soothing and bicard helps dry out the spots - very effective :)

Thanks for your advice.:)

I hadn't thought about mindee may have already had them! I have heard of people wanting their lo's to catch it so as to get it over with when they're younger, will see what the parents want to do.

Both my elder children have had it, the middle one twice!

Pinkrose
28-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I would not worry oo much, I can't wait for someone I know to get chicken pox I want my boys to get it before they go to school lol x

LittleVoice
30-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Typical realy isnt it, we had lots planned in the run up too and over christmas, my husband then got swine flu and my daughter gor bronchitis so we were under lock and key in the house for 2 weeks and missed all the parties etc!!

kel1983
30-10-2011, 12:14 PM
as all above have said really. Let the parents know and let them decide wether they still want to send them or not. A lot of people I have talked to about this would rather their child gets it while they are younger