PDA

View Full Version : Advice i'm a newbie

Rachel1983
28-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi All

I have just found out that i'm due to have my risk assessment on the 10th of November but i have sooooooo many concerns....

She said was i prepared ??? i thought she told me what changes i need to make to my house before Ofsted do there inspection.... Do i need to have any thing ready ???
Is it hard to get children to fill spaces??? :eek: :eek:
Finding children = will living in a Masionette count against me as i dont have a garden??? also will it count against me that i dont have children of my own??? i am a Nursery Nurse and have been for 10 years with all the agae groups 0-5 years..... i know this is a lot of questions but i am feeling a little over whelmed???:eek: :eek:

thank you for reading :laughing:

mandy moo
29-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Just bumping this for you, didnt want to read and run.

I belive there are a few on here that dont have their own kids,
and some that live in flats and maisonettes,

window locks?
where do you keep your keys? somewhere where you can reach but not the kids
show what you woulddo in event of a fire fire.
no trailing wires
cleaning materials etc out of harms way/reach

As for the no garden thing, I assume you have a park or something you can take the kids to for fresh air each day?
Just a few random thoughts

hope someone comes along to answer your questions soon

jumping j
29-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I have no children of my own and it wasn't a concern for me, although some parents hove commented!! Things like 'are you mad caring for other people's children when you don't have your own?'
I also have window locks and demonstrated what I'd do in the event of a fire, have the keys where I can reach but not the children, and Ofsted were fine with it.
As for the no garden, if you can give example of parks or grassy areas you could visit regularly this is usually enough...don't forget to risk assess them!!!:rolleyes:

Rachel1983
29-10-2011, 11:12 AM
ahhhhhhh it's all so much to do and think about i'm so excited thank you for your advice thank you both :laughing: :laughing: