PDA

View Full Version : New to this!!!

Gnome112
27-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to all this so forgive me if I babble:)
I've been working in childcare for the past 7 years and worked my way up from nursery assistant to deputy manager. I've recently had a baby and would love to stay at home with him but obviously need to work, so i'm looking into childminding and wondered if anyone can give me any tips or ideas where to start?

I'm registering in a childminder info session tomorrow at my local children's centre but I'm daunted by the whole process so would like any helpful info on the whole process of registering etc.

Thanks for the read

breezy
28-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi and welcome, it's changed since I registered, but some newer minders on here will be able to help. Also have a good browse of the forum, theres lots of help here.:)

miffy
28-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm not the best person to advise you on registering because it's all very different now from when I registered but if you have a look on the NCMA website and have a good read on the forum you'll find lots of help.

Good luck with it all

http://www.*************/Default.aspx?gclid=CKW5n6LoiqwCFYEZ4QodhnXbnA

Miffy xx

Nature'sKids!
28-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Basics are attending an icp course and first aid course.
Then you send off your ofsted reg, have a pre reg visit, wait for crb clearance, receive certificate and start. Takes around 3-6 months.

mufftie
28-10-2011, 08:37 AM
just saying good luck and relax , you wont be put on the spot at all with any awkward questions , its all very casual

Gnome112
28-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. Just hoping now that I'm doing the right thing:eek: :eek:

Maza
28-10-2011, 07:41 PM
The meeting is the first step. You'll have a gut feeling after that about whether you want to take it further. They will advise you on the next steps. Good luck. x