PDA

View Full Version : Man it's been a looooong week!!!

Beetlejuice
27-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Anyone else having a busy half term?? I'm not usually any busier in the hols but covering for a friend who's having the week off. I've had an extra 5 and 11 year old who are lovely but boy are they making me work for my money!:eek: The five year old is very 'lively' ;) and the eleven year old is wanting to 'help' all the time which would be lovely but she's doing stuff I find dangerous like lifting the babies :angry: and undoing carseats before I'm ready to get the others out of the car :angry: I was polite at first (as they aren't my mindees) but had to really sternly ask her not to continue as it's dangerous and she is NOT the grown up - cue lots of sulking :rolleyes:

We've been out every day - including a mega craft day with other minders today - and I've agreed to work tomorrow (even though it's my day off) so we're going bowling and out for lunch.

And if that's not exhausting enough I'm trying to write my first assignment for Uni and organise a training session for my local CM association this weekend.

I need a lie down lol!!!!

Maza
27-10-2011, 09:43 PM
'Helpers' are hard aren't they? My DD causes chaos when 'helping'. Could you think of a few safe responsibilities for her to make her feel important? Maybe she could wash toys for the little ones/set the table etc.

Demonjill
27-10-2011, 09:45 PM
phew tired just reading all that lol:D

mufftie
28-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Oh yes busy is not the word , I'm heading for a Mental institution I think , I've had 9 paying customers all week from 6:30 am until 5pm ! today one 9 yr old (a very loud 9 yr old) is here (just arrived) until 9 pm :eek:
On top of that I have 5 kids of my own , aged 20 down to 7 and yes even the 20 yr old is hard work at times .

I'm so glad its Friday , but I do still have the 9 yr old sat and Sunday for 14 hrs a day , I've asked my daughter to do Sunday as I need a child free day so she's going to his house for the day phew!!

miffy
28-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Hope today is a bit less frantic for you Beetlejuice.

Muftie - enjoy your day off on Sunday, I'm sure you'll be ready for it by then!!!

Miffy xx

AliceK
28-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Well luckily I have a quiet day today, just my own 2 and 1 mindee which I really need after this week, particularly yesterday. Had a full quota yesterday (typical on the day it rains all day) but they got stuck in doing halloween crafts for ages. Then 1 mindees mum calls to ask can I have her for an extra hour, fine, no problem, then another mindees mum calls, she has had a big crisis and can't get to pick LO up until she doesn't know when. I calm her down and tell her do not worry about LO, she will be fine. Then eventually when mindee does get picked up I pop out with OH and my children over to another mindees new house as OH had promised to do some DIY for her. Job should have taken about half an hour, ended up taking 2 and half hrs. Finally get home at 9pm, put kids straight to bed and ordered a takeaway. I actually felt OK this morning when I got up so took the dog out for a long walk before mindee turned up. Even so glad it's the weekend tomorrow

xxxx