PDA

View Full Version : a little bit of help please

time_4_change
27-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi

I have got a visit tomorrow evening for a potential parent/mindee. I was thinking of just an informal meeting, showing them around, discussing their needs and my fees, touching a bit on terms. Sending them away with a leaflet about me and for them to make their decision. If they decide to go with me then inviting them back and signing contracts and going through all my policies at that stage. Is that the norm?

Also i haven't yet put my certificates up, is it ok i just show her them tomorrow then put them up for when i am officially minding? (waiting for hubby to put my notice board up :blush: )

Im feeling really nervous and like i have forgot things - which i am sure i have :o

Thanks x

boxtree7
27-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I always repeat myself ..... on 1st visits i just show around the home and explain what we do and then a small booklet on leaving. I don't go into contracts or policys and procedures until next visit. Good luck !!! you will be fine.

loocyloo
27-10-2011, 07:45 PM
sounds good to me.

good luck.

i usually do the same, offer a cup of tea/coffee and leave them looking at my policies etc, have a chat, show them round, and give them my brochure to take away, along with a couple of business cards. i usually ask them to fill out a simple form with name, address, phone & email, plus childs name & DOB, plus what hours they want/when they want to start. i ask them to let me know within a time frame, usually a week. quite often i am asked to take the children at that initial meeting, i say yes i will ( if i can/want to! sometimes after meeting the parent i can not be able to offer a space:blush: ) i then arrange another meeting, sometimes to meet the child/ren ( if not at first meeting! ) and then to sign contracts. these i prefer to do in the evening without children around, so we can all concentrate!

xx

oneofeach
27-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I wouldnt worry about not having your certs up at this stage.

I have a copy of my reg cert, CRB checks, First Aid, Public liability insurance, car insurance ect in a display folder for parents to see.

Good luck.