PDA

View Full Version : Environmental health visit help please !

katie78
27-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Hello ladies i need a bit of help please.

I have got the environmentl health lady coming on tuesday and i want to be as prepared as i can be.

I have got my better food pack and its filled in, i do my fridge temps every day, food is all stored correctly and dates are checked on food served, food is probed when cooked, i have the coloured chopping boards for food, the dog does not go in the kitchen (ahem) the food probe is also cleaned after use with the antibacterial wipes.......

I know its lots i already do from being in a nursery i kinda know ish what im up against, im going to be cleaning all my cupboards in and out and doing things not normally done regularly (ahem again) and writting a cleaning list to do daily, weekly and monthly is there anything else i can do ???

I know cleaning inside the cupboards is probably not needed but if i know they are clean i will feel better!

Can i do anything else ???????

Thank you so very much for any help given :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

Newbie1!
27-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi hun - I had the phone call yesterday and mine is coming next Tues - on the phone I said to the lady...."is there anything I need to do/have ready etc for when she comes" the ladies reponse was....... "to be fair she will only really look in your fridge" :eek:

So, although Im having a bit of a spring clean Im not going to go too nuts as, the lady then explained that the fridge thing was one thing they looked at alot - storage - dates etc etc xxx

(oh btw - what is the food pack thing that youve filled in!!?? :panic: :panic: )

katie78
27-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Its called 'Safer food better buisiness for childminders' and it comes from the food standards agency ! If you ring her back she will bring one for you, as mine asked if i had it or not as if not she would bring one for me :-)

It just goes through how you do stuff, it doesn't take long to fill in and there isnt very much you need to do for upkeep with it which is nice :)

francinejayne
27-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds like you've got it sorted to me!

Mine also wanted to look at my cleaning products and asked me how I used them - make sure you know which ones you should leave to dry on their own, which ones have to stay on for a certain amount of time etc!

But don't worry too much, mine was a lovely chap, really friendly and helpful!

chez
27-10-2011, 03:49 PM
How come your all getting inspecitions, we never seem to in Norfolk? Is this something in certain areas?

Watch now the letter will come tomorrow wont it :rolleyes:

christine e
27-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Someone on the forum was pulled up for having pot plants on the windowsill!

Cx

babs
27-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Had mine couple months ago she we sat had a brew filled out the pack together. she ask what I did to check food was cooked etc. never looked in fridge or cupboards I mentioned I had sperate chopping board just for raw chicken that was under the sink and she advised I move it due to cross contamination with cleaning products. was very laid back said if I kept safer food pack up to date that was my on going training I wouldn't stress to much but have heard others say theirs was was strict depends on your inspector I guess.

LittleLadybirds
27-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Think it must differ in every area!

My EHO rung at 8.45 in the morning and said he would be there at 10am. He turned up at 9.40 and had gone by 9.50! He was a lovely bloke who stood in my kitchen, asked had I completed the Safer Food for Childminders pack, which I showe him I had. He asked about what I did about towels/teatowels (I have ones I use only during childminding). We discussed an online L2 Food Hygiene course, taking food temps and that he would prefer me to record my fridge/freezer temps even though it is strictly not required. I said that was fine.

He filled out an A4 inspection report, gave me a copy, and off he went!!

He didn't look in my cupboards, fridge or at any cleaning products etc..... at all!!!

Sounds like you are already well prepared anyway :)

Twinkle-Toes
27-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Mine looked in fridge AND freezer....wasn't expecting the freezer bit!!

He just looked through the SFBB folder and that answered most of his questions. He asked about the cleaners and do i read each label for contact time and if the hand soap was anti-bac.

He was nice enough and anything i wasn't sure about i was honest and just asked for advice :thumbsup:

Tatjana
27-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Mine visit was awful, he looked into every crook and cranny and told me he could "take the place apart" if he had any doubts, ***???!:angry: :panic:

He asked a million questions and stayed for about an hour and I could not wait for him to leave, he would have stayed longer if i hadn't have said I needed to go soon for a nursery pick up.:rolleyes:

I'm sure you will be fine, surely there aren't many like the one I had around? lol!!

katie78
28-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Oh my gosh Tatjana that sounds dreadful !! Maybe he was having a bad day and took it out on you which is horrid and unfair on you :-(

I have done loads of cleaning and the kitchen is much tidier than it was yesterday morning so fingers crossed im doing as much as i can do and its enough ! :thumbsup:

Jiorjiina
28-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Its called 'Safer food better buisiness for childminders' and it comes from the food standards agency ! If you ring her back she will bring one for you, as mine asked if i had it or not as if not she would bring one for me :-)

It just goes through how you do stuff, it doesn't take long to fill in and there isnt very much you need to do for upkeep with it which is nice :)

There is a download of it available here (http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/).