PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your mindees lunch box?

muffins
27-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Today my mindee (14mths) has brought 3 packets of crisps:eek: , a pear, a banana & a yoghurt!

She doesn't usually bring sandwichs cos she won't eat them but mum usually manages better than this!:rolleyes:

If this continues I think I'll have to include suggestions for lunches in my newsletter!

FussyElmo
27-10-2011, 11:01 AM
As you say she usually manages better is it end of week syndrome - not been shopping so put anything in the box. At least she included fruit and a yoghurt.

Happy Bunny
27-10-2011, 11:14 AM
One of mine once had:
1 chocolate spread sandwich, 3 yoghurts, 1 packet biscuits and 2 cakes.

Now apparently this was the norm ( emergency care for another childminder)

buzzy bee
27-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I used to have a 10 month old who ALWAYS had a jam sandwich, a chocolate bar (like a freddo or an animal bar) and a packet of crisps, and sometimes a little jelly pot. He did have yogurt and fruit too at least!

Tink
27-10-2011, 11:37 AM
My parents are really good. I have looked after a lo on emergency care who had; a chocolate spread sandwich, chocolate aero yoghurt, and two biscuits:eek: not a piece of fruit in sight!

shelmids
27-10-2011, 11:47 AM
i have written a no junk food policy as i have my own little boy who i only allow to eat healthy foods (except the occassional treat :) ) and i dont think this would be fair on him if all the other mindees were eating choc around him lol. They have the same policy at our local school

Boris
27-10-2011, 11:47 AM
My friend had a mindee this week who had a jam sandwich, a packet of midget gems and a candy cane!:eek:

WibbleWobble
27-10-2011, 01:03 PM
choc spread on white bread

choc biscuit

yogurt with choc balls in

monster munch

that has been every day this week....mindees are 6 and 9 and are my food refusniks at tea time.....nuffsaid

mandy xx

Tealady
27-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I provide food but I have one little boy who is struggling to settle so his Mum suggested he have a packed lunch so he can be the same as his sister at school and knows what he will be eating.

I was dreading what he would bring after hearing stories on here but fortuneately it was all rather healthy with one little treat.

I know children can be fussy but you don't need to fill them up with junk.

tinkerbelle
27-10-2011, 01:27 PM
i had a child aged 8 who started in the 6 week holidays the first day i made a picnic lunch of sandwiches,breadsticks,fruit, yoghurt pieces of cheese and water
the next day her mum informed me she was bringing her own lunch as the child had no back teeth and couldnt eat bread as it was too hard to chew :rolleyes:
i checked her lunch box it contained a dairylee lunchable with breadsticks, 1 penguin bar, a chocolate roll, chocolate fingers fizzy pop and 2 chocolate yoghurts i explained to mum i wouldnt accept this type of lunch box as it was unhealthy and the other kids had healthy food mum terminated the contract and the week after i had ofsted on my step saying id refused to give the child any food from home or drinks luckily id written down what was in the box and got a pic to prove it ofsted backed me 100%

watgem
27-10-2011, 03:52 PM
most of mine have a healthy balanced lunchbox, one has the same thing everyday which is extremely healthy with no treats all wholegrain etc and he won't eat it so in the end preschool had to say something to the parents, and at the other extreme I have a little one who brings sausage roll, chocolate coins and biscuits!

Nature'sKids!
27-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I'll be having a lunch box policy too - because of the same reason as shelmid.

Nature'sKids!
27-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Looking after someone once (1 1/2 yr old) mum sent her with a pot noodle.

mrs robbie williams
27-10-2011, 05:58 PM
mindees bring packed lunches in school holidays/half terms - this week sibling mindees aged 5 and 7 bought: 2 large peperamis, 2 rounds of sandwiches, 2 big bags of crisps, 2 cheese string bag things, 4 bar kit kats and apple EACH !!!! :cool: felt like my ds was missing out lol with his peanut butter sandwich, packet of crisps and yoghurt - they bring way too much AND dad always moans about mindee age 7 being overweight !!! and its only the 7 year old that eats the whole lot - mindee 5, i usually catch feeding half her packed lunch to my dog :laughing:

PixiePetal
27-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I have never had much of a problem with what mindees bring in lunchboxes - families around here seem to be very good or even to the extreme in healthiness :rolleyes:

1 mindee used to have a sandwich/wrap and 4-5 pieces of fruit for the day - as he got older I asked for something more substantial and carb/protein based to fill him up more and maybe a yog. Mum got lovely sausages/sausage rolls from local butcher, they are the best (and she usually got a sausage roll for DS and myself once a week too :blush: they are the only ones I will eat )

another mindee used to bring a meal to heat up - leftovers from evening meal. Salmon in sauce/ beautiful meat and veg - It always smelled lovely when I warmed it up and I just had my usual sarnie :rolleyes:

littleelm
29-10-2011, 11:07 AM
We have a little boy, 2.5 who everyday has choc spread sarnie on white bread, small bag of haribo, choc biscuit and cheese string! He usually has choc biscuits in the car on the way aswell! He is so hyperactive, and it's no wonder!

mushpea
29-10-2011, 12:18 PM
one of my mindees used to bring a lunch box , it would contain either chocolate spread or jam that looked more like it had been sliced than spread cause it was so thick,, crisps, a peice of fruit and sweets,, I would send the sweets home every day , now she has my food and i give them a sandwich, fruit and either youghut or a home made cake , non of them complain they are hungry and non complain that the other children who we somtimes picnic with have different things to them so why parents feel the need to send mega amounts of food I dont know