PDA

View Full Version : First Days

Demonjill
26-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I was wondering about everyones first day minding( some of you may have to think back quite a bit :eek: :laughing: )and how you got on, what you did ,was it easier,harder, better than you thought it was going to be.

What did you all plan?

I was thinking of taking a few pics( i have permission:thumbsup: ) and putting in diary with heading something like "My first day at my childminder"

As for ideas they are starting next week and only with me 4 hours a day 1 day a week so short arty activities any ideas? Firework pictures? Autumn? bit late for halloween then?

I have some ideas but dont want to bombard them all at once :D

The Juggler
26-10-2011, 09:12 PM
i didn't plan a thing. well a range of resources out but other than that I just planned to get to know the kids :thumbsup:

Maza
26-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I remember sudddenly feeling quite isolated actually. How old are your mindees. Don't plan too much - they might just cry and need to be hugged! Do plan your environment though and have a range of appropriate toys. They will probably just want/need to explore their new surroundings. Don't plan on anything too messy as you will want to establish a few ground rules first. Maybe make some play dough, or have some colouring available.

Zoomie
26-10-2011, 09:35 PM
TMI, if Iknow, but I was ill about 10 minutes before my mindees first arrived. Nerves :(

I didn't plan anything as such, just went with the flow. I had got to know them a bit as they visited weekly with their parent for about a month before my crb came through and of course my registration certificate.

I do recall we made some magic wands - because we had read a story about fairies ....

A friend told me to do something happy just before parents come, like singing and dancing so that the children would leave on a positive note and parent's would be reassured too.

So when is the big day, and how old are the twins (?) ?

pinky33
26-10-2011, 09:59 PM
I felt excited I would never again have to de ice my car and do a commute lol

Demonjill
26-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

They are 4 so go to school next August.

Their(and my) first day is next Thursday:eek:

They came for a visit today and were so cute and very laid back and mostly polite. They were happy with the toys i had out and asked me some questions.:o
My guinea pigs got the thumbs up too and they are excited to meet Demon.:D

The trouble is i only have them a few hours once a week so with all my ideas ive filled in every thursday until they go to school:laughing:

The mum is very nice and is already calling me a star..;) ive not done anything yet:laughing: and she is telling everyone about me ha:D why o why did i bother paying out for advertising cards etc(not even put them out yet)

mufftie
27-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Just wanted to say good luck , my first ever mindee was a 5 month old baby do didn't really plan anything , it was all about learning his routine

mandy moo
27-10-2011, 11:01 AM
As with Muftie, mine was 7 mths, spent the 1st few weeks getting to 'know' him, sleep patterns etc