PDA

View Full Version : Twin pushchair recommendations please

Tatjana
26-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Can anyone recommend a cheapish twin pushchair, preferably which will fold to fit into the back of my (not spacious) Galaxy please?

Have had a search on ebay but can't find anything nearby, as most seem to be collection only.

Thank you.

peppa Pig
26-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I have a mc claren twin triumph. Easy to fold and fit in my sharan easy. Also got a p & t, have to take the wheels off that though.

Anon8319
26-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Nipper 360 double. It's lighter than my personal maxi cosi mura 3 single, and that's not particularly heavy for an off-road, largish 3-wheeler. It's off-road, it's easy to steer, turns on a sixpence, not too wide (about 15cm wider than my single!). Also it fits in the boot well as it folds down well.

I bought mine 2nd hand from my mindees' mum as she was getting the single version now her oldest is too big for a buggy; I bought it for £130 but they go on ebay for about £150ish. That's with footmuffs, raincovers etc. I think that's a bargain really - I think they are pretty expensive new, but I wouldn't pay more than about £180 for a second hand one in good condition.

Pinkrose
26-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I have had a couple of cheap double buggies and they had not been worth buying, hard to push etc. I bought a nipper360 second hand on eBay it is great. It is worth having a look on eBay and netmums x

Tatjana
26-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I've also had a look on netmums, nothing there either.

Think I'll have to order something asap otherwise will end up carrying my lo and pushing mindee in single buggy, not ideal lol!! Just found this
http://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/OBABY_Atlas_Twin_Pushchair_-_Black_Scribbles_13OB1004/version.asp?refsource=baprunner#

JCrakers
26-10-2011, 09:36 PM
I have bought a few cheap buggys that were rubbish and a waste. Ive just bought a 360 nipper for £150 off eBay in excellent condition with rain cover and storage. Absolutely fantastic buggy...so light and I can push it with one hand whilst holding mindees hand too..can't fault it and I'm so please I spent a bit extra money to get something decent.

Maza
26-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Depends what you need. I needed something that folded easily and didn't take up much space - Maclaren works for me.

Tatjana
26-10-2011, 10:25 PM
I only need something to get from the car to school, car to library, childrens centre etc. No long walks really, maybe a stroll in the park.

Thanks again everyone:)

mufftie
27-10-2011, 06:12 AM
I swear by my nipper 360 , it really is an investment , had mine 5 yrs now and it still looks new , yet its used at least 3 days a week , I also have the latest p&t bit I'm not so keen

boxtree7
27-10-2011, 06:22 AM
nothing compares to the nipper .... I had a few cheaper prams but nothing nothing compares to the nipper worth every penny (an investment)

MaffAnna
27-10-2011, 06:35 AM
I too have the Nipper and love it, BUT it's quite big when folded so make sure it fits in ur boot. I didn't and ended up buying a double maclaren off ebay for the days when I need all my Zafira's seats up and a double buggy!

Apart from size, you can't compare the two. Nipper everytime!

jayjay1963
27-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I too have the Nipper and love it, BUT it's quite big when folded so make sure it fits in ur boot. I didn't and ended up buying a double maclaren off ebay for the days when I need all my Zafira's seats up and a double buggy!

Apart from size, you can't compare the two. Nipper everytime!

Where on earth did you put your Maclaren in your Zafira? I have one and really struggle with where to put mine:eek:

Jacqui

mammumof4
28-10-2011, 05:10 PM
i saw a lady today on the school run with a nipper and she was walking along pushing it with one hand and talking on her phone, she had a large toddler and a ababy of around 6ish months. looked great to push! im just a bit worried about getting through doorways. i have to go into my sons school every morning and the door is narrow. i only just get my silvercross 3d single in! ive been looking on ebay at jane powertwin and they seem to be a favorite at the moment but im sure i will change my mind again. ive got to find a decent double by the end of nov as i have new starters.

blue bear
28-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I love my phil and teds

jadavi
28-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Just to tell you if you don't know- on eBay you can do an advanced search and put in your postcode and select to see your requested item 10 miles radius. I was so happy when I found this feature as had been trawling thru all of them !

Velleity
28-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I have the Baby Twin Jogger. It could not be easier to fold and is relatively small when it is. I'm sure it would fit in the boot.

Tatjana
28-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Just to tell you if you don't know- on eBay you can do an advanced search and put in your postcode and select to see your requested item 10 miles radius. I was so happy when I found this feature as had been trawling thru all of them !

I didn't know, thank you!!