PDA

View Full Version : Regulations.. What we have to display?

flutterbies
26-10-2011, 03:06 PM
I have had a visit by my development worker, and she has said that I must DISPLAY my public liability insurance and first aid certificates. Up til now I have had them in a folder for the parents to access. Keeps all my important paperwork in the same place. I understood under regulations that I must hold these - but not that they had to be on display!

She said I also have to display my fire escape map, which I think is a complete farce, as we practise this during the fire drills, and I change the place of the 'fire'.

Of course I have my Ofsted registration up, other info, and Ofsted contact no's, parents notices... but there's only so much I can have on my wall. Of course, I could take down the chilren's creations and put up this instead :angry:

Have I got it wrong?

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2011, 03:29 PM
As far as I was aware it is the Ofsted contact poster and our Reg Certificates.

I don't display anything else, unless it has changed AGAIN :D

Email Ofsted and then you can forward it to your DO so she knows too. :laughing:

Narnia34
26-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I think we're supposed to have our PL insurance cert on display, but I photocopy mine and keep the original in my portfolio.

Not sure if that's an Ofsted thing, or just my inspector having lovely parties in her head!

JCrakers
26-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I only have my reg cert and a poster with Ofsted contact details on...everything else is in a folder.

Im not displaying anything else as its my house and I really do not want anymore posters up

Becky

AliceK
26-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I only have my reg cert and a poster with Ofsted contact details on...everything else is in a folder.

Im not displaying anything else as its my house and I really do not want anymore posters up

Becky

Same here. My PL Insurance cert and First Aid certs are in my folder along with everything else a parent might want to see / read about. I bet if I asked my parents what was on my noticeboard they wouldn't have a clue, no-one ever seems to look at it :(

xxx

flutterbies
26-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Same here. My PL Insurance cert and First Aid certs are in my folder along with everything else a parent might want to see / read about. I bet if I asked my parents what was on my noticeboard they wouldn't have a clue, no-one ever seems to look at it :(

xxx

Same here!

I am going to get clarification from Ofsted so that I KNOW whether it is regulation... I'll get back to you.

Thanks for your replies, I thought I had missed something

sweets
26-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I only display my reg certificate, its never been questioned by my DW or ofsted. :thumbsup:

Tatjana
26-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I thought we had to display our reg certificates and PL...don't know anything about an Ofsted poster?:blush:

pat75
26-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I was told by Mrs Ofsted to display my insurance along with reg and ofsted poster.

uf353432
26-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I have Ofsted Cert, FA cert and PL Cert in 3 wooden A4 frames on the wall and then the ofsted poster and my privacy notice and designated safeguarding officer is me poster on my notce board. I don;t have my first drill on the wall - but perhaps I should because on reflection i've seen it on the wall of at least 2 childminders I know

allison
26-10-2011, 06:18 PM
i was told that we needed to have on display reg cert, pl, ofsted poster and fire plan. so thats what ive got on my wall.:blush:
but it is starting to take over now

flutterbies
26-10-2011, 06:28 PM
i was told that we needed to have on display reg cert, pl, ofsted poster and fire plan. so thats what ive got on my wall.:blush:
but it is starting to take over now

Is your fire plan a diagram of your premises with a meeting point in case of emergency? My Dev Worker said the detailed fire emergency plan can stay in my folder!

JCrakers
26-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Looks like we are all not sure what we are supposed to have....

Looks like Ofsted really know what theyre doing for a change :rolleyes:

nannysue
26-10-2011, 07:22 PM
On my inspection before last i had my insurance certificate on the wall (i'd been told it had to be on display )

The inspector seen it and asked why i had it on display and said to take it down it does not need to be displayed !! all they require is Reg certificate , Ofsted poster and In case of fire poster

In the mean time i had been told that we needed a floor plan of the house with fire escape routes on it .

I had my last inspection in July and she was happy with what was on display and when i mentioned the floor plan she said it was unnecessary!!!!!!

When will they all start to be consistant ??:panic: