PDA

View Full Version : Is it appropriate?

Mrs Dolphin
26-10-2011, 08:09 AM
I have been minding now for 3 weeks. I only have one mindee as I have 2 children of my own. As it is half term none of our playgroups are on and I am at a loss as to what to do with the children. Its not so bad when its just mine as we can snuggle up and watch a film etc. We have been invited to a friends house tomorrow for a play date but I was unsure whether this was appropriate to take a minded child to someone elses house to play. It would be a good opportunity to mix with other children of a simular age but still not sure. What are your views?

AliceK
26-10-2011, 08:20 AM
I think it's a great idea. Obviously you wouldn't leave the minded child alone with another person and you'll RA the environment when you're there. Go and enjoy yourselves. We often have playdates at other peoples house although admittedly usually it's other childminders but the "rules" would be the same.

xxxxx

little chickee
26-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Playdates at other peoples houses are fine and good for mindees. Go - have a nice day!

Maza
26-10-2011, 09:31 AM
It's fine, but I know what you mean, I have reservations over things like that. You'll have to informally risk assess the environment when you get there and keep a closer eye on mindee and it wouldn't be as much of a 'social' event for you as it would be if you went with just your own children. I'm also missing playgroups this week!

Mrs Dolphin
26-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Spoke to mum this morning who is more than happy for us to go, so thats sorts that :)