PDA

View Full Version : which paint

solly
26-10-2011, 07:40 AM
A parent of a little boy i look after last week gave me 4 little canvases last week and asked if I could do his hand and foot print on each as they are for christmas presents for family.

I don't mind doing this but am not sure which paint would be suitable as have usually just done the hand and prints on paper with the poem and for ease I just use the giant paint pads as they are also less messy.
Will these work or will i have to use acrylic paint which is suggested on the Bakker Ross and crafty crocodile site. I do have acrylic paints which i have brought from these sites but are they suitable for children to put their hands and feet in.

Has anyone tried this before. I was thinking if it worked I would do them for presents for christmas for the parents.

The children i have are all either under 2 or just over two so want to make sure it is safe for them

pinky33
26-10-2011, 08:05 AM
The paint pads won't work! We tried them on canvas last week, but normal poster paint works well.

solly
26-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks Pinky33 I will get the poster paints out instead, and also order some more canvases so i can do it with the other children for presents at christmas :)