PDA

View Full Version : W/C 19th May walk to school week

avril
14-05-2008, 07:36 PM
My lot won't know any different as we walk there and back every day anyway :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
14-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Mine too Avril - and last year they were really pleased we did as school made quite a big thing of it and they collected stickers every day they walked to school

miffy xx

crazybones
14-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Ive got badges to give my lot. About 300. :laughing: Dont ask.

Trouble
14-05-2008, 07:40 PM
we walk everyday at least once aday with hills 2 to be precise with red squirrels to see playing on the trees :clapping:

so i will continue unless it rains

avril
14-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Ive got badges to give my lot. About 300. :laughing: Dont ask.

Me too!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

avril
14-05-2008, 07:44 PM
we walk everyday at least once aday with hills 2 to be precise with red squirrels to see playing on the trees :clapping:

so i will continue unless it rains

That sounds so picturesque

tulip0803
14-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I would love to walk to school cos it isn't that far - but their are no footpaths or verges and me and the children would have to walk in the road. The road is very busy with artic lorries, tractors, cars, caravans, horses you name it and it goes past at any time of day. Supposed to be 40MPH but very few do that:( . I wouldn't walk my own children down the road let alone mindees. Council says we are on the end of a very long waiting list for a footpath:( .

manjay
14-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I would love to walk to school cos it isn't that far - but their are no footpaths or verges and me and the children would have to walk in the road. The road is very busy with artic lorries, tractors, cars, caravans, horses you name it and it goes past at any time of day. Supposed to be 40MPH but very few do that:( . I wouldn't walk my own children down the road let alone mindees. Council says we are on the end of a very long waiting list for a footpath:( .

That must be so frustrating Julia! I love walking to and from school. Our only obstacle is all the dog poo!!

amanda xx

Trouble
14-05-2008, 09:17 PM
That sounds so picturesque

their might be nothing up hear but cows and sheep but the walk to school is a must theirs rabbits too

everyday it calms me down their and back recommend it to anyone

this sounds really odd but my mate is also a childminder and when she somes we go for a walk in the cemetry to get to the park and watch the squirrels playing in the trees the only thing is their getting to friendly now which is not good:eek:

kids love it

miffy
14-05-2008, 09:21 PM
That must be so frustrating Julia! I love walking to and from school. Our only obstacle is all the dog poo!!

amanda xx

I agree with that Amanda - dog poo and along our road pidgeon poop too!

miffy xx

tulip0803
14-05-2008, 09:21 PM
When I minded in England we all loved walking there was so much to see and talk about - not to mention I was fitter:rolleyes: . School is good cos they keep pressing for better footpaths al round the village because nearly everyone drives. They have thought about a walking bus but I would have to drive to the start of the bus anyway:(

tulip0803
14-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree with that Amanda - dog poo and along our road pidgeon poop too!

miffy xx

Some of the children I know would love that - they would never get anywhere beacuse they have to stop, look and discuss:laughing: My DD2 is one of them unfortunately.

Trouble
14-05-2008, 09:24 PM
we found a dead baby bird on our road and that was an enourmous discussion