PDA

View Full Version : Help!

skyladancer2011
25-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I am in the process of registering with OFSTED I have sent off my application forms and have just completed my First Aid today :clapping:

I just had a few questions really:

1 - It states in the EYFS Guidance that I am supposed to make my setting or flat accessible to all children with disabilities, however I have 4 steps going into my flat from the outside leading to my front door, how do I overcome this?

2 - In terms of time, how long does it take for OFSTED to contact you to arrange a registration interview? I sent my forms off yesterday.

3 - In the registration interview, what kind of things do they ask you.

I have to say I am really nervous that they will refuse my registration and that all my hard work will be for nothing. :panic:

I look forward to reading your experiences and advice

Thank you

Nicolle Emily Anne :)

sarah707
25-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Ofsted should send you a booklet of questions that will be asked during your pre-reg. You can read through and have a go at answering them before your inspector arrives.

Only a small percentage of disabled children or adults need to use a wheelchair - consider disability in terms of enabling them to access your house and garden and focus on what you can do rather than your steps.

Hth :D

Maza
25-10-2011, 07:43 PM
You can't change the steps (easily) so don't worry about them. I have a whole flight of stairs leading to my flat. Don't worry about the registration visit, it's never as bad as anyone thinks. You can ask him/her for advice too, they are there to help as well as inspect/register so use their expertise.